Frost* Derby DVD - PLEASE READ!

Started by Jem, January 11, 2011, 12:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neilgwhite

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, and the number of posts already shows the 'love in the room'. The gig was one in a million and the dvd would be the cherry on top but to be offered an alternative arranged with such haste just goes to show why we're all here.

Love the idea of the photos, but a mention (global) on the dvd frost report would be more workable I feel.
Hello, is there anybody in there?............

grif

It's a great shame BUT I had the best time at the gig and really appreciate Jem explaining everything so honestly and in depth. I'm sure the planned DVD shoot will be a rare treat.
I would also like to say a thank you to Jem for reminding me how much fun music can be, Frost* really has been a breath of fresh air and for that I'm very appreciative.

Harriman

Its all been said already, but I feel compelled to leave my own generic message

Gutted... :cry:

Plan B sounds fantastic! :D

MarkOneMusic

Jem,

'tis indeed a huge shame, I know you guys, the whole team worked so hard on this, you must be really gutted.

It was indeed a brilliant gig, and worth the travel from WSM, we have some brilliant memories from the night, met you guys, met some cool frosties, saw a consummate performance and have T-shirts with our names on them :)

The DVD would have been the icing on the cake...  But it was bloody nice cake, so I'm not complaining.

The fact that you are all going to the effort and not forgetting the expense to do the Rockfield performance, is just a measure of what makes Frost* special as a band.  

But I feel your pain, I can only imagine what it must be like to have a project fail like that.

Mooncat

Actually, thinking of the cost of the Rockfield session (as mentioned by Mark1) would people be up for a Marillion style pre-order to help fund the recording ???

I know it kind of adds to the 'pressure' on the band, and that's the last thing we want (remember when it becomes too much of a chore, that's when most bands implode), but it might go some way to showing the 'love in the room' in a slightly more contributory sense ???
Just a thought ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Mooncat"Actually, thinking of the cost of the Rockfield session (as mentioned by Mark1) would people be up for a Marillion style pre-order to help fund the recording ???

I'd definitely be up for that. I mean I'm going to pre-order the thing if possible just like i did with TPE anyway.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

L33VEY

One thing that hasn't been said - in this context anyway

KCAM
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

MadeOutOfCats

Quote from: "Jem"... there's one channel of hiss...

That's what you get for using an analog pram   ;)

DueyC

Quote from: "MadeOutOfCats"
Quote from: "Jem"... there's one channel of hiss...

That's what you get for using an analog pram   ;)

:lol:
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

catherine

Shouldn't'a brought the snake along, or miked it up. You'll know for next time.

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Such a shame to hear of these woes, it must be galling for Jem and the boys, but glad that those Frost*ies that made it there (unfortunately it didn't happen for me) had a great gig anyway.

Great to hear there is an alternative plan and I look forward to placing my order.

Onwards and upwards!

johninblack

Well, shit happens. How one deals with the shit is the real measure of the man and Jem has once again shown that his capacity for dealing with said shit is positively endless.

All joking aside Jem, thanks for the honesty and probably one of the best written statements of bad news ever. This is what makes this community such a great place.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Jem

You're welcome mate and again, thanks to everybody here for being so understanding. Nellie was all for fleeing the country yesterday.  :lol:

Plans are ongoing for the new DVD so I'll keep you updated as and when.  :D

Pedro

Permission to put down the bucket of damp sand sir? ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

My feelings upon reading the news were something like, "Oh, bugger. Still, we got an ace gig that will go down in legend and a free T-shirt. I'm happy!", but I felt incredibly gutted for Jem and the boys to have so much effort and organisation go up in smoke. Or hiss. The new plan of a new DVD and all the extra goodies make me incredibly excited and it's an unbelievable gesture to make up for something which wasn't the band's fault. Jem sir, you are a true gentleman. Thank you.  :)

Maybe more of the Derby gig could be salvaged... We could all sing in the parts that are dodgy, in a sort of instrumental kareoke. ...Or not.  :lol:

Anyway, here's an angry hamster.  :D