Frost* Derby DVD - PLEASE READ!

Started by Jem, January 11, 2011, 12:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivingForever

I know it's not very "proper" but couldn't you just redo the vocals and keys parts in the studio and add them in after? Or would it be too difficult to do?
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

As I understand it, the cost of *months* in the studio, in addition to the resulting lack of "properness", renders it not worth attempting. I guess it would also be hard to maintain the will to do it....that amount of retrospective inverted miming is not my idea of a hobby! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JakeWorrell

Problem is the gig was just too awesome and this caused a few channels of the mixing desk to become overloaded. Jem's in particular.

If the guys were to re-record parts of it the who knows what could happen. It would be like crossing the streams. Except on a rather expensive Neve mixing desk.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Simon B

Quote from: "Nellie"Hopefully, there will still be quite a lot of footage from the Derby gig included.

Mmmmm Nellie biscuits!

I have already posted on BookFace.

Now go off and rest before producing a DVD to be proud of!

You may all be aware I'm a bit of a Yes FANATIC.

This type of thing is part of a bands evolution - So many Yestastic shows on the cutting room floor...

So long as Joey and I can point at a crowd scene somewhere and go - 'There I am!' I will be happy.

Perhaps the promised credits on the Live DVD should now be posted with some due reverence? To the music of the dambusters '...never in the course of prog has so much been given by so few. We now list the 162 brave souls who fought hypothermia and student attack to look stoopid on a DVD. We thank you all!'

Peace
Simon
Make mine a Crunchie biscuit!

MrBabou

How can we not be understanding of the situation, and not feel bad for you for this?

As someone who could not attend (if I was rich I would have though), of course I was looking forward to the DVD. But you are making up for this quite nicely.

Thank you Jem, you are very generous with us.
"The mind is like a parachute: it works best when it\'s open"... Frank Zappa

E.S.

Quote from: "Mouse"My feelings upon reading the news were something like, "Oh, bugger. Still, we got an ace gig that will go down in legend and a free T-shirt.

So... there will be "I went to the most amazing Frost* gig ever, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"-shirts in the store soon then?  :D

Of course we understand the situation. That feeling really sucks, when you just know you've done something legendary, and some stupid technical detail ruins everything. There's no need to apologize, not your fault, Jem.  :)

Neilgwhite

Quote from: "johninblack"Well, shit happens. How one deals with the shit is the real measure of the man and Jem has once again shown that his capacity for dealing with said shit is positively endless.

All joking aside Jem, thanks for the honesty and probably one of the best written statements of bad news ever. This is what makes this community such a great place.

Jem for Prime Minister?? yehhhhhhh, he gets our vote..... :lol:
Hello, is there anybody in there?............

D S

What everyone else has said! These things happen - I had a great couple of days getting to and from Derby, meeting all the Frost*ies again, and the internal DVD of the gig in my head will always look and sound great.  Looking forward to the Plan B DVD though.  8-)

One request - can the footage of the big bananas in BLM be salvaged?!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Tricky

This does indeed suck more than a Dyson on overdrive; but we all had a great time (didn't we?), no-one was injured (I'm hoping that's true) and the memory will always be with me...

I just hope that the financial implications of not having a DVD to sell don't affect Jem's ability to continue with Frost*y goodness in the future.
Do let us know if preordering for The Rockfield Sessions would be helpful  :)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Mikey

What an absolute bar steward.......I'd be up for a pre-order funded jobbie
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Mikey! Aye-up sunbeam, how the devil are you?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Jem

Quote from: "D S"One request - can the footage of the big bananas in BLM be salvaged?!  ;)

I'll try, failing that, can you send the big banana to Rockfield? :D

Mouse

I'm sure a big banana will be on it's way to you at some point...  ;)

D S

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "D S"One request - can the footage of the big bananas in BLM be salvaged?!  ;)

I'll try, failing that, can you send the big banana to Rockfield? :D
Happy to oblige! I don't think BLM would be the same without a big banana or 3!  :P

BTW I'm sure Rush recorded A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres at Rockfield too.  Remember reading about the bird song at the start of Xanadu being the real thing just recorded outside.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Big Black Shed

It is in circumstances like these that the use of choice Anglo-Saxonisms is entirely justified.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.