Frost* Forum Collab Song - the Discussion thread (TDT!)

Started by El_Mayonnaise, August 02, 2010, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Can I just say, gentlemen, that the song so far is absolutely, utterly brilliant. Bravo all involved!  :D

I'm going to have to have more listens and maybe dream up a bit fit enough to consider for contributing. Possibly.  ;)

Philadelphia

I don't know what's happening with this at the moment, but if anyone wants a bit of alto vocals I may possibly be of some assistance - or I'm at least happy to attempt to be of some assistance. Get me drunk and I might even do a bit of soprano stuff.
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Pedro

You can keep up with how far it has got in the tech thread but the latest version is Version 7.

It is not complete (of course! - it's less than 30 minutes long!), the pitch-bend isn't working properly in Jem's solo (he played it, he just wasn't there at the time), and there are some other Jemful bits to go in I think.
There are folks working on new sections to be added in/on and there has been some talk of lyrics and vocals but not very much action on that front yet....but in the scheme of such things we haven't even made a scratch on our 3-years-in-the-making album timescale yet.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Philadelphia"I don't know what's happening with this at the moment, but if anyone wants a bit of alto vocals I may possibly be of some assistance - or I'm at least happy to attempt to be of some assistance. Get me drunk and I might even do a bit of soprano stuff.
Pass on the gin please!  :mrgreen:

Seriously, that's great Philadelphia. I assume people are working on their own parts (har!) right now. I kept a low profile myself this week because it was mainly Pedro and myself working on this. I have the feeling the two of us could turn this thing into a 30 minute epic if we kept going.  :)

But that was not the set up. Then again, if people want to collaborate (so far 17 members signed up) it does mean ....you actually have to ....  uhm... collaborate!

I dunno. Maybe I go to fast but that's me. Once I'm dedicated to something I keep going till it's done. That's how I get things done in general. Complete songs or even complete albums don't happen by just talking about it. You have to get yer ass in gear.  ;)

So! If you want to collaborate: here is the latest version: FFCS version 7

If you're ready to upload anything you can sign up by dropping me a pm containing your e-mail address. I'll then add you to the project and hook you up with your own custom "Philadelphia FFCS folder"!

RWA

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Excellent work, it just needs more.........

Cowbells
I used to have a signature