Started by turbo, January 16, 2011, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherine

I've registered and I'm still waiting to be approved.  :(

L33VEY

Spock's Beard's only UK show this year?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Cptncanary

Quote from: "L33VEY"Spock's Beard's only UK show this year?

I read that as Jethro Tull's only UK show this year.

owen

Where's NickyV when you need her? :lol:

El_Mayonnaise

Gooood goooood. Things looking to shape up well already.

I remember yesteryear wanting to go, and a band I loved would get newly announced each week it seemed. Alas a trip to the Netherlands put it off.

I'll most likely be there this year.

L33VEY

Quote from: "catherine"I've registered and I'm still waiting to be approved.  :(
Quote from: "Julie"I too am waiting for my registration to be approved  ;)

Still? That's not good.   :shock:
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

DueyC

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "catherine"I've registered and I'm still waiting to be approved.  :(
Quote from: "Julie"I too am waiting for my registration to be approved  ;)

Still? That's not good.   :shock:

Maybe someone's tipped them off and they daren't let us in ;)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

gr8gonzo

Couldn't help noticing SB is billed as "Spock's Beard & Friends." I wonder which of Spock's friends that refers to.  :D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

ich_bin_besser

SB *might* play without Nick.
I will fill you in here when I know more.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

MikeEvs

This was posted on the Spocks Beard website:
QuoteJanuary 28, 2011

Hi Everybody

As you probably know, Spock's Beard is scheduled to play the High Voltage Festival in London on July 24 as support for Jethro Tull. We are also working on a few more UK dates to go along with that to be played in the days after the High Voltage Festival.

The dilemma we are faced with is this: Nick may or may not be able to do these dates due to his commitment with Cirque du Soleil. He won't know for sure whether or not he'll be able to do this for some time, but we thought rather than wait we should disclose the fact now that we may need to have someone else front the band for these shows.

Normally in this situation we wouldn't even take a gig with this possibility hanging over it, but in this case we'd be absolute morons not to take this opportunity to present ourselves to lots of new prog fans that have never heard us before. This type of show is something that we've been striving towards literally for years and is a rare opportunity for us to increase our fan base.

While this may be a massive disappointment to some of you, the reality is that for the people who we really need to present ourselves to (the people who don't know much about us), and in fact the reason why we took this gig in the first place, we will be Spock's Beard and we will hopefully make a good enough impression on them that they will add themselves to the ranks of our beloved supporters.

(By the way, the promoters were informed of this possibility before we even accepted the gig and they are OK with it.)

Our goal is not to trick anyone or do anything underhanded, nor are we in any way considering a personnel change. We are simply trying to increase our fan base with this opportunity, and we sincerely hope that you understand.

Hope to see some of you there!

Mooncat

Oh, still be interesting to see who they get in....................................

Anyway, as several of you attended last year's festival I have a few questions regarding the logistics side - did people travel down and back the same day (assuming you only went on one day) or does anyone have any recommendations for accomodation (price being a BIG consideration) or did anyone find any organised coach travel to the event ???
I'm really hoping to go for the Sunday but don't fancy driving or the lottery of trying to make the last train back to the Midlands?? :?

Any info gratefully received :D  :D  :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

MikeEvs

My friend drove us down from South Wales on the first day and he drove back home that night, I stayed for the 2nd day and got the train home on Monday as there are no late trains back to South Wales.

I stayed in the travelodge in Euston and the used a combination of buses and tube to travel between the hotel and Victoria Park

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Pedro"Neil?

No my boss Tony :)

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "MikeEvs"
Quote from: "Pedro"Neil?

No my boss Tony :)
:lol:

It would be great if Neal was willing to fill in, but on the flip side, does Cirque not have a back-up for its musicians? What if one falls ill before a performance? One would hope they'd be flexible with their scheduling, especially knowing the HVF date so far in advance.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around