Main Menu

Kate Bush

Started by owen, January 19, 2011, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralB

Young Kate will be relaeasing a new rekkid in November. I believe it's called "50 Types of Snow". I loved Ariel. Wasn't fussed on "Director's Cut" though.

Mouse

I'm still a relatively new inductee to the Wow Kate Bush Is Fab club. The only tracks I was aware of for many years were Wuthering Heights and Hounds Of Love. I'd heard loads of good comments about Aerial, but still didn't investigate. But then, a few months ago, I heard The Ninth Wave, and that was it - click - I loved it. I am really looking forward to hearing what this new one is like.  :)

rogerg

owen

New album streaming here. If the link doesn't work (I'm doing this on my phone) try googling her. It's on NPR Music website
http://npr.org/2011/11/13/142133269/fir ... ow&ps=cprs

Againesis

VERY unimpressed so far.  Will try to give it more of a listen during a few London bound train rides but if first, second and third impressions are anything to go by I might not manage to stay awake long enough  :(
There are only 10 types of people]

Mikey

Quote from: "Againesis"I might not manage to stay awake long enough  :(
Then you could dream about Kate Bush
I used to have a signature

JimD

Hello

Thought this might appeal to any north-of-England Kate Bush fans?  Or vinyl fans in general?

I'm going to this next weekend - http://www.recordclub.org.uk/events/feb12 - where "The Kick Inside" will be played in full on vinyl (along with "The Last Splash" by The Breeders and an as-yet undecided third album; you can vote on the event page).

Disclaimer - my girlfriend is one of the DJs for this event!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Mikey

Shipley!

What neck of the woods are you in?

JimD

Oxfordshire, hence I'm often travelling at the speed of prog!
About Me

Mikey

Just about to blog the vans  :lol:

JimD

Nice stuff - hired a Sprinter to help my sister move house earlier in the year, and that was what got me back into "should I get a van?" mode.  This is from the C1 driver of course who really currently needs nothing more.  But I love those vans!  I remember getting into the Sprinter, sparking it up, gingerly pulling out of the van hire place and thinking "oh no, how am I going to drive thi...ooooh, this is *fun*!".  Loved it.

Captain Nemo looks totally awesome.  Not sure about the brown ones though...

Remembering where we are though...I wonder if Kate Bush ever travelled in vans during her early tours?  Probably Transits if she did I expect.
About Me

Mikey

Captain Nemo is a bit basic but does the job. Has an MP3 player too. Has some handles on the doors, haven't touch them yet, not sure what they do. Can't find the switch for the windows though :lol:
'Tis quite fun to drive, you can throw it about abit (ahem)

The P80's are beasts. Cold, drafty and noisy. Surprisingly reliable for their age, but they haven't much to go wrong on them

manoncharles

A fairytale in negative

leelustig

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how the 2014 tour went? Or if there is good coverage of any of the shows? All I've seen are amateur clips on Youtube and I would imagine the entire shows were great. The setlists are lengthy and look fantastic. I would particularly love to see Waking the Witch or Jig of Life.

Full setlist from 8.30.14:

Lily
    Hounds of Love
    Joanni
    Top of the City
    Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)
    King of the Mountain
    The Ninth Wave
    The Astronomer's Tale (video)
    And Dream of Sheep
    Under Ice
    Waking the Witch
    Skit
    Watching You Without Me
    Little Light
    Jig of Life
    Hello Earth
    The Morning Fog
    Intermission
    A Sky of Honey
    Prelude
    Prologue
    An Architect's Dream
    The Painter's Link
    Sunset
    Aerial Tal
    Somewhere in Between
    Tawny Moon (new song; sung by Kate's son Bertie)
    Nocturn
    Aerial
    Encore: Among Angels (Kate solo at piano)
    Cloudbusting
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

owen

One concert was filmed for release as a dvd or whatever. Trouble is, this Kate Bush we are talking about. Probably due for release 2026. So about the same time as Frost* 4