RIP John Barry

Started by Pedro, January 31, 2011, 08:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

That man wrote some amazingly moving stuff.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

mr_john

Hear Hear.

Going to spin the Bond themes album later today.

Big Black Shed

The score from Dances With Wolves was some of the music played at our wedding.

I think a spin of the CD is in order.

A great talent.

RIP John Barry.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

rogerg

Gman

A very sad loss...I wonder if he truly realised just how many bands and artists in all genres have been inspired by him.

Pedro

I bought a fair number of the Bond soundtracks on vinyl (I was a bit of a Bond-nut - I think it was the pre-cursor to being a Jem-nut...it's those devilish good looks and a knack with gadgets!).
The (orchestral portion of the) soundtrack to Indecent Proposal was a particular favourite of mine. All the right notes "in all the right places".  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

mr_john

Quote from: "Pedro"I bought a fair number of the Bond soundtracks on vinyl (I was a bit of a Bond-nut - I think it was the pre-cursor to being a Jem-nut...it's those devilish good looks and a knack with gadgets!).

Unless it's a drum machine!!  :lol:

Phrog

RIP. One of the true greats of film music.

Mikey

I used to have a signature

rogerg

Quote from: "Mikey"A top banana

and we know about bananas.

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Pedro"I bought a fair number of the Bond soundtracks on vinyl (I was a bit of a Bond-nut - I think it was the pre-cursor to being a Jem-nut...

Funny that, I was really into my bond soundtracks when I was a lad to the extent that I considered going down the music route for a living with an aim to do films eventually (perhaps not bond). I chose computer programming instead because its easier :P
"The longer the note, the more dread."