Filling the Frost* void....

Started by jur451c, February 03, 2011, 01:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "RWA"But seriously, it's indeed bleeding hard to find a substitution for Frost*. They're quiet unique.  :?

Unique? Certainly. Quiet? Only half the time; the rest, they're bloody loud  8-)
Quite then?!  :lol:

Mordwin

At the moment... Riverside, The Pineapple Thief, Porcupine Tree, Dec Burke, Manning, Panic Room and Florence and the Machine are all taking up space on my MP3 do-dah, alongside The Philadelphia Experiment and other Frost* of course :D

Mikey

Quote from: "L33VEY"Anathema

Why are my eyes watering ???
I used to have a signature

RWA

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "L33VEY"Anathema

Why are my eyes watering ???
Because L33VEY farted in your general direction?!  :D

grif

Quote from: "L33VEY"Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here

My favourite album of 2010. Stunning stuff.

ChrisX

For a more vocally centred approach I would heartily recommend the Swedish act Moon Safari and their stunning album Lover's End. Their vocal harmonies are absolutely stunning and by all accounts, by those who have seen them live, they also can deliver the goods in that department on stage.

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuB48k2CVMY
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

SussexProgMan

Try Riverside, Pure Reason Revolution & Dream Theater. Enochian Theory would be my off the wall choice and don't forget Touchstone, Big Elf & Opeth and a million and one others. Happy listening!

El_Mayonnaise

Give OSI a spin. Very good, plenty of glitching in there too :P

gjstockham

Quote from: "SussexProgMan"Try Riverside, Pure Reason Revolution & Dream Theater. Enochian Theory would be my off the wall choice and don't forget Touchstone, Big Elf & Opeth and a million and one others. Happy listening!

+1 for Pure Reason Revolution.  Latest album Hammer and Anvil is excellent, but last album  Amor Vincit Omnia is a bit more Frost-like, some heavy synth and guitar, with great harmony vocals

tomskerous

Quote from: "gjstockham"
Quote from: "SussexProgMan"Try Riverside, Pure Reason Revolution & Dream Theater. Enochian Theory would be my off the wall choice and don't forget Touchstone, Big Elf & Opeth and a million and one others. Happy listening!

+1 for Pure Reason Revolution.  Latest album Hammer and Anvil is excellent, but last album  Amor Vincit Omnia is a bit more Frost-like, some heavy synth and guitar, with great harmony vocals

Yup. PRR's AVO is a total blinder. Pink Floyd and Steeleye Span meet Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails. Just brilliant album.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

tomskerous

I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

rogerg

Quote from: "tomskerous"By the way, Cardiacs?

definitely.

as for PRR, how does AVO compare with the Dark Third?

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "tomskerous"By the way, Cardiacs?

definitely.

as for PRR, how does AVO compare with the Dark Third?

Two different animals, I'd say. AVO has a notably industrial approach, whereas EVOO is extra virgin olive oil.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around