A Quest of Disappointment and Tribulation

Started by finbeard, February 07, 2011, 08:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finbeard

Salutations, fellow Frost*ies...

I did a bit of googling about today for Frost*-related goodness. It all started with a bit of prodding to try and find the studio version of The Forget You Song- I did find it eventually on the Frost* myspace page. But what's this I see in the playlist with it? An ELO cover? Heck, numerous other covers and tunes I was previously unaware of!

More prodding and about 10 minutes later, I stumbled across this page: http://frost.informe.com/toys-df6.html
Appears to be a previous incarnation of the Frost* forum, or something like that. But most importantly, it appeared to be a veritable treasure trove of Frost* goodies that seemed to be impossible to find anywhere else. With some great anticipation and baited breath, I dug up the link for Here Is The News and clicked... Only to find it led nowhere. Completely dead, every link on there.

To sum up, at the risk of being excessively forward, I'd be eager to get my grubby little hands on any or all of what was there. That sounds like a huge request, but I assure you, I'd even be happy with one little scrap of audio. The things on THIS PAGE interest me greatly, as do the lovely bits from the Tour Sampler- Here Is The News and all that. Any further info on or tidbits from this sadly defunct Frost* encyclopaedia?
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

Pedro

Ah, one our former homes. This is our third home.
If I remember correctly we had to move after the hamster in their wheel passed away...possibly through overwork and the strain of a mechanism clogged with biscuit crumbs.

The mighty Drarok, fellow Frost*ie has hoovered-up much of the stuff and keeps it all in a temperature and humidity controlled archive at :- //http://www.drarok.com/frost/files/view

Have a look there. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

finbeard

Thanks very much, Pedro! You are a gentleman and a scholar!
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

Airlie Frost

Hope you managed to listen to them all, the man with the 2.4 is absolute genius if you ask me.
the clue is in the question?

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Airlie Frost"Hope you managed to listen to them all, the man with the 2.4 is absolute genius if you ask me.
Bassooooon!
* May contain nuts.

rogerg

Marsupial!  have you got one there for my enjoyment?

Mooncat

One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

D S

Do you get very depressed?
Yes.
Do you?
Three days a week - yes.  :lol:
Come on, you\'re a lion!

E.S.

tomskerous

Quote from: "rogerg"Marsupial!  have you got one there for my enjoyment?

My ringtone to this day.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

rogerg

Quote from: "tomskerous"
Quote from: "rogerg"Marsupial!  have you got one there for my enjoyment?

My ringtone to this day.

yes!  that and FIT.  it has the appropriate "hello!"   8-)

LivingForever

I love Bigsmall- one of my favourite Jem songs.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"Ah, one our former homes. This is our third home.
If I remember correctly we had to move after the hamster in their wheel passed away...possibly through overwork and the strain of a mechanism clogged with biscuit crumbs.

So nothing to do with us breaking it then ?

Did we get the signed affidavit from the Hamster before he died ?
I used to have a signature

johninblack

Quote from: "Mikey"Did we get the signed affidavit from the Hamster before he died ?

Nah! The bugger wouldn't squeal.  :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

TonyB

Quote from: "LivingForever"I love Bigsmall- one of my favourite Jem songs.

I couldn't agree more. I'm just listening to it again. I could listen to this song for hours.
"I bet you weren\'t expecting this!!"