Does turning a cymbal into a smiley face improve it's sound?

Started by El_Mayonnaise, February 12, 2011, 02:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El_Mayonnaise

David

El_Mayonnaise

Indeed Stagg. Had it lying around and thought I'd delve into cymbal modification. Tried going for some 1" holes but unfortunately the second hole went awry so I decided to make a mess of it. Then I put some rivets on it, and I'll probably add some jingle bells and a sizzler to it in the future :lol:

RWA

finbeard

I am not sure whether I am titillated or repulsed by this. I'd love (and am reticent) to hear an audio sample of this bad boy if you get the chance.  ;)
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

El_Mayonnaise

Haha thats what I feel like too ;)

It's got character!  :lol:  

I'll get a sample up in a few minutes. Any ideas of best place to host files?

EDIT

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... ytrash.mp3

Tee hee.

finbeard

In future, I recommend uploading to box.net- then all can listen from their browsers without having to download from any potentially-dodgy links and without having to give out our email addresses.  ;)

Just listened- sounds a good deal better than I was expecting it to from the picture! I actually quite like its decay- it's got a sort of phaser-like quality about it. Regardless, you're certainly right about it having character.
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

El_Mayonnaise

I've actually neatened it up a bit since then. The two horrible holes are more arch like now and are roughly symmetrical.

Never thought of boxnet