Neal Morse New Cd & Gigs

Started by keithd, February 21, 2011, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Againesis

Sad about the other gigs but very pleased about the London venue change.  I was undecided whether to go to the Koko gig as getting back into central Lond for my last train home at 11:30 was going to be hit and miss.  But...this is much easier if that google map is to be believed.  Double checking venue then booking ticket.  I work at Bush house at the A :lol: ldwych so could probably hear him from my desk otherwise :-)
There are only 10 types of people]

mr_john

Quote from: "turbo"cheers mr john  :D

Most welcome chum!!

keithd

So who's going to the London gig on Thursday ? I'll be there  :D
My Hovercraft is full of eels

turbo

I'll be there, I'll be there, I will be there.   :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

keithd

Quote from: "turbo"I'll be there, I'll be there, I will be there.   :D

Looks like we'll be the only Frosties then  :)

L33VEY

Quote from: "keithd"
Quote from: "turbo"I'll be there, I'll be there, I will be there.   :D

Looks like we'll be the only Frosties then  :)

Plus 1.  
Thursday is normally "Hubby's Taxi" night, but I'm let off this week.
And listened to Testimony 2 twice and didn't "get it".  Third listen today did the trick.

I'll be one of the few wearing a Frost* T-shirt of some description...   ;)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Againesis

I'll be there....but....then you're probably already in the queue...just heading off myself as it's only just around the corner from t'office.

Againesis

Excellent night had by all - although it was bloody hot in there and the gig ran for almost 3 hours from just past 8 through to 11:15

Set list (as far as I can remember):
Beware of Darkness
Leviathan
The Seperated Man
Seeds of Gold (one of the high points of the gig & I think Neal knew it too as he commented on how well they'd played it)
Testimony 1 stuff - not sure which bits - I can never remember any titles but it kicked butt!

10 minute break

Testimony 2 from start to finish including a mad dash out front through the audience (thanks for the slap on the back Neal - almost knocked me over!) and a stunningly good end from "Road Dog Blues", through "It's for you" and "Crossing Over".

Encore:
Bridge Across Forever
then two tracks I didn't know...but everyone else seemed to!

Saw a Keep Calm and Mellotron T-shirt in the queue and I was wearing my Black Live Machine but other than that I didn't spot any other Frosties.

keithd

Quote from: "Againesis"Excellent night had by all - although it was bloody hot in there and the gig ran for almost 3 hours from just past 8 through to 11:15

Set list (as far as I can remember):
Beware of Darkness
Leviathan
The Seperated Man
Seeds of Gold (one of the high points of the gig & I think Neal knew it too as he commented on how well they'd played it)
Testimony 1 stuff - not sure which bits - I can never remember any titles but it kicked butt!

10 minute break

Testimony 2 from start to finish including a mad dash out front through the audience (thanks for the slap on the back Neal - almost knocked me over!) and a stunningly good end from "Road Dog Blues", through "It's for you" and "Crossing Over".

Encore:
Bridge Across Forever
then two tracks I didn't know...but everyone else seemed to!

Saw a Keep Calm and Mellotron T-shirt in the queue and I was wearing my Black Live Machine but other than that I didn't spot any other Frosties.

Yes, great gig it was. Neal was overcome when telling the tale of the song Jayda about his daughter. Afraid i wasn't wearing a Frost* Tshirt but had my Yes Tshirt on. Anyway, here's a few photos https://picasaweb.google.com/keith.davi ... ykopyaqQE#

L33VEY

Clearly the Frost* Experiments in Live Appeal T shirt wasn't enough to identify me - should stick the numberplate across my chest instead...   :lol:

Happily stayed at the back propping up the barrier in front of the mixing desk - being tall has its advantages.

With apologies to anyone who had tickets for the cancelled gigs, it was indeed a belter.  Gave me a better understanding of why Neal is as fervent as he is.  Frankly if my own daughter had been miraculously healed in the same way then I'd probably be holding a prayer meeting now as well.

Having only got my ticket the night before, I got back to my car in an empty O2 car park and wondered at the shame of people like Neal not being able to even sell out a Student Union, when they deserve to be packing out the O2.  The general public's loss I guess and our gain.
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Mikey

Quote from: "L33VEY"Happily stayed at the back propping up the bar
;)
I used to have a signature

keithd

What concerns me is that the low ticket sales & the cancelled gigs in the UK may result in no future gigs in the UK. I hope I'm wrong.

turbo

Quote from: "keithd"What concerns me is that the low ticket sales & the cancelled gigs in the UK may result in no future gigs in the UK. I hope I'm wrong.

Totally agree it is indeed a worry, that was th first time ive seen neal as a solo artist [seen him with spocks and transatlantic] and what a great show it was, it would be such a shame if this stops him graceing our shores again.
?"By the beard of Zeus"

D S

As one who had a ticket for the cancelled Glasgow show tonight, I can only echo these concerns.  Maybe it is the overtly Christian element to his current music which is a turn-off to some but, as the very good review of Testimony 2 in CRPP makes clear, you ignore the quality of the music behind this at your peril.
I'm really glad you guys enjoyed the show.  I'm not at all envious!  :twisted:  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Againesis

Quote from: "L33VEY"Clearly the Frost* Experiments in Live Appeal T shirt wasn't enough to identify me - should stick the numberplate across my chest instead...   :lol:

Happily stayed at the back propping up the barrier in front of the mixing desk - being tall has its advantages.
I'm too short to be a full time Frostie spotter.  We really must get organised before these things - I spent the whole night on my own and would have loved to have a rant about how good the band were.

BTW - my wife just looked over my shoulder at the photos keithd uploaded and said: "Blimey - he's an old bloke isn't he?  He looks like Des O'Conner" (apologies to any non UK Frosties who are happily living in ignorance of Des's existance).