Neal Morse New Cd & Gigs

Started by keithd, February 21, 2011, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithd

In the middle of reading Neal's book. I had no idea he was such a rebel in his youth  :shock: Really enjoying the book but £15 is a bit expensive.
My Hovercraft is full of eels

mr_john

Quote from: "keithd"In the middle of reading Neal's book. I had no idea he was such a rebel in his youth  :shock: Really enjoying the book but £15 is a bit expensive.

I think that's the average release price for a new book these days. Places like Waterstones/Tesco/WHSmiths etc slash prices as a loss leader scheme, hence why new books can be so cheap.

Much like Jem, the money from the book goes directly to the artist so it's all good really  ;)

keithd

Quote from: "mr_john"
Quote from: "keithd"In the middle of reading Neal's book. I had no idea he was such a rebel in his youth  :shock: Really enjoying the book but £15 is a bit expensive.

I think that's the average release price for a new book these days. Places like Waterstones/Tesco/WHSmiths etc slash prices as a loss leader scheme, hence why new books can be so cheap.

Much like Jem, the money from the book goes directly to the artist so it's all good really  ;)

Fair point. I guess I'm too used to paying less when I'm downloading Kindle ebooks from Amazon. I was hoping this was going to be available on Kindle, maybe it will but couldn't wait to read it, plus the fact that it was there at the gig so I thought, grab it while you can  :)
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Mikey

Quote from: "keithd"I guess I'm too used to paying less when I'm downloading Kindle ebooks from Amazon.
Cheaper in Asda, not impressed that most newer books are more expensive on the kindle
I used to have a signature

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

mr_john

Quote from: "Pedro"Neal's book is in Asda?

Think Mikey was referring to new release books generally rather than Neal's specifically.

Must say though that I would always buy new relase hard copies of books in places like Waterstones and/or independant book retailers. The industry is dying a death as a result of ASDA/Tesco's etc who can afford to sell books a cut rate price as they make millions of pounds elsewhere in their business. Shame really. The recent price for Waterstones (the company) of £40m just goes to show that we need to support traditional book sellers.

/professional soap box rant!

Mikey

Quote from: "mr_john"
Quote from: "Pedro"Neal's book is in Asda?
Think Mikey was referring to new release books generally rather than Neal's specifically.
Correct.
I used to have a signature

L33VEY

Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age