Frost*erisk Sticker ?

Started by Yamahaforums, March 04, 2011, 09:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamahaforums

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a Frost*erisk Sticker? My G6 has a 5cm diameter whitish patch where there was one but before but when Jem sold the G6 to me he tried to remove it and it left the backing stuck to the keyboard. This can't be removed without taking the white paint off, which is going to look even more naff SO, would really like to cover it with something and a Frost*erisk would do the job nicely :)

Againesis

I've got one you can have for the cost of a new Kronos 61, a Roland A90EX, and a stack of....never mind
There are only 10 types of people]

Mooncat

Nellie ????
Although I think the 'stock'stcikers were much smaller.
Failing that you can get clear adhesive sheets from most good stationers (and some rubbish ones too!!!) that will go through most home/office printers and produce a custom one from the myriad of Frosterisk based art that is kicking around here and the wider web.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Yamahaforums

Quote from: "Againesis"I've got one you can have for the cost of a new Kronos 61, a Roland A90EX, and a stack of....never mind

Yeah they're nice....but not quite THAT nice ;)

Hey talking of the Kronos. My wife says I should definitely get one!!!! Ya think??? I must have done something right in a previous life  :lol:

Yamahaforums

Quote from: "Mooncat"Nellie ????
Although I think the 'stock'stcikers were much smaller.
Failing that you can get clear adhesive sheets from most good stationers (and some rubbish ones too!!!) that will go through most home/office printers and produce a custom one from the myriad of Frosterisk based art that is kicking around here and the wider web.

Excellent idea! I shall be pillaging the local stationary emporium this very afternoon :)

Mooncat

This is the sort of thing
//http://www.photopaperdirect.com/products/A4-Self-Adhesive-Clear-Sticker-Paper-Sheet.html

Have done some stuff in the past using them, and the results are pretty good, albeit not as durable as professionally screen printed stuff - but then if you but a whole pack of sheets you can simple print more out!!!! :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

Quote from: "Yamahaforums"Hey talking of the Kronos. My wife says I should definitely get one!!!! Ya think??? I must have done something right in a previous life  :lol:
It might be more about what you'd be going to do for the rest of your current life! ;)
Seriously, I'm lucky to have a similarly supportive wife who puts up with a lot of stuff including the purchase of gear I'm not really qualified to drive!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

There's a product in the US called GooGone that works wonders. I don't know if it's available where you are, but if you can find it, it should do the trick.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

I have a bottle of some liquid imaginatively called "Sticky Stuff Remover" which works well and smells of oranges.
BUT it says something about not using it on painted surfaces...which could be an issue in this case?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Yamahaforums

Result! I thought I would have one more go at removing it and it started to come off. It's very brittle though, like dried paint. what on earth are those stickers made out of? It's taking a while to come off, breaking in very tiny flecks and going all over the place but at least it's working :)

Thanks for all the input though, it's very much appreciated :)