New Yes Album...

Started by keithd, March 05, 2011, 04:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithd

Will be called "Fly From Here" according to Chris Squire and is named after the main track (re working of the Drama tour track maybe?).

Apparently due in July. Trevor Horn & Geoff Downes involved too :?

Sounds like it will be a Drama style recording.
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Trapezium Artist

Blimey - not really sure what to make of this. Having sworn with great regret that Yes was finished for me, along comes something which just might (stress: might) reawaken my interest.

That is, the live version of "We Can Fly From Here" which is on "The Word Is Live" is pretty damn good and, unlike many I realise, I've always had plenty of time for Drama.

But, lest I get way, way ahead of myself here, let's not forget that Drama was released more than 30 years ago, and even Horn is over 60. And he won't even be the singer, any more than Jon Anderson will.

I need to start taking my anti-sentimentality pills ...  ;)

turbo

Apparently there's a twenty something minute long track on it as well.   :)  ;)
?"By the beard of Zeus"

keithd

Quote from: "turbo"Apparently there's a twenty something minute long track on it as well.   :)  ;)

Which, I'm led to believe, is "We Can Fly From Here" the track that never made it on the Drama album but was played on the Drama Tour and is on the live album "The Word is Live".

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "keithd"
Quote from: "turbo"Apparently there's a twenty something minute long track on it as well.   :)  ;)

Which, I'm led to believe, is "We Can Fly From Here" the track that never made it on the Drama album but was played on the Drama Tour and is on the live album "The Word is Live".

Oh stop it, Keith; I think you're just doing this wind me up, now  8-)

catherine

Ah well, I'm seeing them in Cambridge in November, for old times' sake, and will reserve judgement.

RWA

Scepticle? Sure.  :?

We'll see.

I'll listen to it.  :|
If I like --> buy.  8-)
If I not like --> no buy.  :(

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RWA"Scepticle? Sure.  :?

We'll see.

I'll listen to it.  :|
If I like --> buy.  8-)
If I not like --> no buy.  :(

I didn't know that RWA was an android ...  8-)

keithd

It's released in July and Oliver Wakeman is out and...wait for it....Geoff Downes is in  :?

http://heavyrocktheplaylist.blogspot.co ... -july.html

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "keithd"It's released in July and Oliver Wakeman is out and...wait for it....Geoff Downes is in  :?

http://heavyrocktheplaylist.blogspot.co ... -july.html

And so the soap opera continues ...

Quite what one is supposed to make of this picture, I don't know: I suspect that Mr David and Mr White are wondering quite how they've ended up at a meeting of the Women's Institute ...  8-)

Pedro

LOL
One of them looks like the coach-driver and the rest just look like they are glad to be out for the day.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Geetar

It's the "Dream Team".

Like in the Michael Keaton film, but less funny (if that's possible).
This space for sale.

Pedro

Of course, I should say that each one of them has more musical talent in one strand of hair than I have so I'm only taking the haddock.  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

keithd

Scary photo, isn't it  :lol:

catherine

Don't you go dissing the WI, either.