Dream Theater - High Voltage Warm up gigs

Started by Mooncat, March 09, 2011, 11:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

Two warm up shows for DT's headline appearance at High Voltage have been announced (via Planet Rock)
22nd July Doncaster Dome
23rd July Wolverhampton Civic

Woo hoo,Wolves here I come!!!!! :D  (HV was proving beyond the budget once accomodation and travel were factored in :cry: )

PreSale Link
//http://www.gigsandtours.com/gat/event.asp?n|showname=soon&showname=dream+theater&e%7Cpromoter=372&resultsperpage=50&orderby=date%2Ctime&filler1=gigsandtours&filler2=dreamtheater&filler3=id1prock
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Phrog

I am all over that Wolves Civic date like a rash!   :D  Wonder if there'll be support...

El_Mayonnaise

Believe it was Symphony X last time at Wolves.

Hopefully Pain Of Salvation or Beardfish, they've got new albums out around that time and I'd love to see them :D

Phrog

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"Believe it was Symphony X last time at Wolves.

Hopefully Pain Of Salvation or Beardfish, they've got new albums out around that time and I'd love to see them :D

It was indeed, that still stands as one of my favourite ever gigs. If it was Beardfish I would literally sing for joy!

Mooncat

I know Symphony X are already playing at the Robin2 in the next couple of months(not that that should affect it) - might find it's another band due to play HV(on the Sunday), purely down to logistics and travel ££££???

Phrog

Maybe, though that wasn't the case for the Download warm-up gigs last time! I think we all know who was  :mrgreen:

ich_bin_besser

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"Hopefully Pain Of Salvation or Beardfish, they've got new albums out around that time and I'd love to see them :D

I don't think Road Salt 2 will be released this year.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Mooncat

QuoteMaybe, though that wasn't the case for the Download warm-up gigs last time! I think we all know who was
Indeed :D
Alas, with the 'suspension' of activity and the fact that Mike Portnoy was a big supporter of Frost* (and given his involvement in all things DT probably had more influence over the choice of support than anyone) it seems unlikely this time round :cry:

Although Jem is/was on good terms with the Beardy Wizardy one (I recall a couple of threads where Jem was saying JR was seemingly blanking him, but I think it all got resolved). ;)

And July is a few months off  ;)  ;)