Great independent movie about Prog

Started by Pedro, March 23, 2011, 11:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

This might be old news but someone tweeted about it today and I hadn't seen it.

//http://www.vimeo.com/21318405
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Frazzbo

Wot, no Frost*?  :o

That was an interesting show, but I got the impression he was trying to cover too many angles: it would have been better to produce a doc outlining either the history of prog, or prog in other countries (the European show, the US show, the Japanese show). Maybe he was trying to set this up as a pilot for a series. I'd watch that!

Pedro

LOL
Yes, you're right. Like the genre itself, being so diverse and inclusive was a bit ambitious.
A series would be cool, particularly if updated with more of the current 'scene'.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

David

Thanks for the link, I didn't know this one.

I don't know many documentaries about prog, anyway.
A friend of mine once gave me a divx of a BBC documentary film called "Prog rock Brittania", I don't know where the hell he found it!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Frazzbo"Wot, no Frost*?  :o

That was an interesting show, but I got the impression he was trying to cover too many angles: it would have been better to produce a doc outlining either the history of prog, or prog in other countries (the European show, the US show, the Japanese show). Maybe he was trying to set this up as a pilot for a series. I'd watch that!

Well, it was made in 2002 or so, wasn't it? Somewhat before Frost* appeared on the scene ...  ;)

Have started watching it and, apart from the dodgy title graphics, I'm enjoying it thus far.

As for Prog Britannia, it was a BBC TV programme; I think I may have it recorded.

E.S.

Ooh, nice find. Never seen a prog documentary before.  :)

XeRocks81

It almost made me nostalgic. It's a great snapshot of what the prog world was like in the early 2000s, it must have been made just beofre Neal quit SPock's BEard and Transatlantic.