Main Menu

Google Moogle Doodle

Started by Rook, May 22, 2012, 09:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

This morning, in celebration of the birthday of the wonderful Bob Moog, Google's homepage features a playable, tweakable, recordable(!) minimoog.

Aint technology a wonderful thing.

/R

Pedro

Indeed. :) Four track recordable too!

All I can say is :-  q t 8 i o i 8 t q (repeat) ;)

Shame it's not responsive enough to play it at the right speed....but lovely tribute.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Brom

I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

rogerg

cool!  and ironically, I had to use Firefox to get it to work...   8-)

Trapezium Artist

Jolly cool: before Google takes it off their page, which clever bugger can make a copy of the underlying code and make it available via a hidden button on the Frost* page?  ;)

Google does archive these doodles, but it's not obvious whether the interactive ones work. For example, the recent lovely one commemorating Gideon Sundback's anniversary and his invention of the zip no longer functions (sadly):

//http://www.google.com/doodles/gideon-sundbacks-132nd-birthday

Or am I missing something?  :?

Edit: I noticed that when I opened the Moog doodle with my default browser, Safari, it has the blessed cheek to say "Upgrade to a modern browser and see what this doodle can really do", where the first part was a link to Chrome.

So I dutifully fired up Chrome to see what else it could do: unless I'm missing something (again), the answer is nothing. In fact, Chrome is less capable, because you can only play the synth via the mouse with Chrome, whereas Safari allows you to use the keyboard. Pah ... !

danofmayz

'Twas a lovely surprise when I logged on this morning  :)
Follow me on Twitter! //http://twitter.com/danmvalverde @danmvalverde

rogerg

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Edit: I noticed that when I opened the Moog doodle with my default browser, Safari, it has the blessed cheek to say "Upgrade to a modern browser and see what this doodle can really do", where the first part was a link to Chrome.

So I dutifully fired up Chrome to see what else it could do: unless I'm missing something (again), the answer is nothing. In fact, Chrome is less capable, because you can only play the synth via the mouse with Chrome, whereas Safari allows you to use the keyboard. Pah ... !

that was my experience, as well, except I couldn't get Safari to work either.  I had to use Firefox...  a bit ironic, na?   ;)

Mooncat

Not at all Prog, but Brett Domino has posted a youtube video of him doing a Daft Punk track using the google doodle.
Up to his usual bizarre standard
Sorry can't post a link, but youtube is blocked at work(and I forgot last night) :?
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Mikey

I used to have a signature