New Frost*covers;-)

Started by fitzy, April 23, 2011, 12:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzy

G,day,i,ve a Facebook mate,Thiago Campos,who together with his brother Felipe have a brilliant prog.metal band in Brazil!They,ve become well known for doing split screen covers of Dream Theater songs on Youtube,and at the moment amongst other things,hes putting some Frost*covers together,with a singer called Will Shaw who they,ve worked with before!Hes a huge fan of the music,and judging by the covers hes done already,it should be great!By the way,the name of his band is Bad Salad,....and they,ve a Facebook page!!Well worth checking out....there,s Frost*ies everywhere ;)
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

Pedro

Thanks. Interested to see/hear what they do. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

I've seen those Bad Salad videos before. In fact, I think I even posted one on the EIMA page a while back. Top notch stuff. If they're doing Frost*, we're in for a treat indeed.  8-)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

SmartUK

I've also seen and enjoyed the Bad Salad stuff.  Not sure if their prog-metal leanings will necessarily make for authentic Frost* covers but they're undoubtably quality musicians so this should be interesting!
Frost*, monkey, trumpet, ARSE!!

fitzy

Just an update about Thiago,s band(Bad Salad :shock: )Apparently,the Frost*cover is nearly done,and the files are on standby in his hard drive!Apparently his singer(....hope its Will Shaw!!)was a tad tardy delivering his parts,and at that stage Thiago was busy on their new album,their first,and could,nt finish it off :( He said it,ll happen at some point,as they,re busy getting ready to record,but has been keeping up to date with Jem,s blog,and  delighted with the prospect of more Frostie material!!Frost*fans everywhere..... ;) Bad Salad have a Facebook page,and the brother,s names are Thiago,and Felipe Campos.....!Cheers :)

gr8gonzo

Thanks for the update. I messaged Thiago a while back on FB about this and said he'll hook me up when it's ready so I can play it on EIMA. I'd forgotten about it, so thanks for the reminder.

fitzy

Pedro

Do you listen to Gonzo's show, fitzy?

robh

I enjoy listening to Gonzo's show and being in the chat.  But, being on Saturday evening, I'm often out out at some gig or other.  This weekend it's VHB.

fitzy

Anytime i,m not at gig,s or gigging Pedro,i try and catch EIMA for an hour or two ;) Definitely w,ont miss the 8th.Oct show..happy birthday Gonz :)  :)

Pedro

Cool. There's usually a bunch of us in chat during the show, won't be on Oct 8th...Summer's End! :)

gr8gonzo

Unfortunate ti MING, that. I wonder if the banana will make it to SE. Maybe not a good idea, though, I reckon.

And Jem's 40th birthday one week from today.

"So much time and so little to do! Strike that. Reverse it." -- Willy Wonka

Pedro

No, if the banana is going to make it to a gig this year it should be to The Peel (its spiritual home, if you think about) in December...provided it gets a move on, of course!

johninblack

Quote from: "gr8gonzo""So much time and so little to do! Strike that. Reverse it." -- Willy Wonka

Too much time, too little to do
'Cos it's all quiet on the Eastern front -- The Stranglers :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

fitzy

Hi all. :D Turns out the first Frost*split screen cover done by Thiago and Will Shaw,will be Saline,and is apparently nearly ready... :)