Dec Burke to perform Frost* material

Started by gr8gonzo, July 12, 2011, 05:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

Dec Burke will be playing material from his 2 solo albums as well as from Darwin's Radio and Frost* at his upcoming show at The Peel, 17 Sept. Matt Stevens will be opening the show. Wish I could be there.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mikey

From whence have you purloined this info? Nothing on the website.
I used to have a signature

L33VEY

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Dec Burke will be playing material from his 2 solo albums as well as from Darwin's Radio and Frost* at his upcoming show at The Peel, 17 Sept. Matt Stevens will be opening the show. Wish I could be there.

That's ANOTHER Saturday night I'm going to be missing from EIMA - perhaps I should take a photo of gr8gonzo with me

Link is here...

http://www.last.fm/event/1996026+Dec+Burke+and+Band
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Pedro

Dec did a Frost* cover in his solo set on the eve of High Voltage last year.
Top bloke. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Grr! Just got a House of Progression email about this too.  I'd really like to have gone to see this, as Dec is indeed a top bloke and this will probably be the only chance to hear some Frost* material live (this year at least!).  However, as I'm due to be 'the support crew' again for Mrs DS doing the Great North Run in Newcastle early the following morning, I guess this just isn't going to happen!  :evil:

I'll just have to look out for other gigs - although there's currently nothing else listed...
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Quote from: "D S"However, as I'm due to be 'the support crew' again for Mrs DS doing the Great North Run in Newcastle early the following morning
She could have an 'accident' whilst training

rogerg

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "D S"However, as I'm due to be 'the support crew' again for Mrs DS doing the Great North Run in Newcastle early the following morning

heh

Mouse

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to be at this one. Somehow.

D S

Mentioned that one to Mrs DS - she muttered something about the strong possibility of there being an 'accident' with a box of matches and my guitar collection if that happened...  ;)
So give my apologies to Dec if you see him!  :P
Come on, you\'re a lion!

JakeWorrell

This is great news. I wish it wasn't all the way in bloody London!

Bloody london!!!!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

rogerg

Quote from: "D S"
Mentioned that one to Mrs DS - she muttered something about the strong possibility of there being an 'accident' with a box of matches and my guitar collection if that happened...  ;)
So give my apologies to Dec if you see him!  :P

heh heh

Mouse

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"This is great news. I wish it wasn't all the way in bloody London!

Bloody london!!!!

For what it's worth, a gig at The Peel can be a great venture should you choose to do it.  :D

Mikey

Quote from: "Mouse"For what it's worth, a gig at The Peel can be a great venture should you choose to do it.  :D
Correct, I'm trying to co-ordinate a visitation for Dec