Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM - The Peel, Kingston. 16th Dec

Started by JakeWorrell, August 12, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Quote from: "Ash"The Peel is not priced like central London venues or worse still *shudder* 02 or Wembley prices.  For Londoners it seems cheap.  I would guess Northerners may find it expensive.

Nah, it's expensive up here, too.  :(

wickedwitch

right, just trying to get someone to pick up the kids from school (last day of term and all that) and watch them until their dad gets back from gigging at around 1:30 am!!!  Iz and I have our hotel booked and are planning on xmas shopping. You all better be nice to her. It's her first proper grown up gig (ok so most of you dont qualify as grown ups but you know what i mean!)  :D

johninblack

Quote from: "wickedwitch"You all better be nice to her. It's her first proper grown up gig (ok so most of you dont qualify as grown ups but you know what i mean!)  :D

Most of us?

I'm sure she'll have the loveliest of times and what a gig to be her first "proper grown up gig". She'll be amongst some of the most welcoming people I know :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

wickedwitch

i know sweetie, that's why i'm bringing her. She'll be the one pulling on my arm whispering "mum, stop jumping around mum. Tsk God you are SO emBARRASSING!" like she did at Camp Bestival!!!   :twisted:

johninblack

Quote from: "wickedwitch"i know sweetie, that's why i'm bringing her. She'll be the one pulling on my arm whispering "mum, stop jumping around mum. Tsk God you are SO emBARRASSING!" like she did at Camp Bestival!!!   :twisted:
It's such good fun embarrassing the kids!! Hope you both have a ball :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

RobRideout

Quote from: "Ash"The Peel is not priced like central London venues or worse still *shudder* 02 or Wembley prices.  For Londoners it seems cheap.  I would guess Northerners may find it expensive.

Ugh. Horrible memories. Last time I went to the O2, it cost me £8 for a double. It was like being punched in the wallet.

DueyC

Quote from: "DueyC"Speaking of picking up...

I'll be driving there from Reading, and back afterwards (post-curry, if it happens). I have one spare seat in my car, if anyone would like a lift.

Spare seat now taken  :)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

DueyC

Quote from: "wickedwitch"hmmm. dresscode?? x

As in...which Frost* t-shirt?
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Pedro

Forum shirt, santa hat, at least something on the lower half....?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Bert

Quote from: "wickedwitch"right, just trying to get someone to pick up the kids from school (last day of term and all that) and watch them until their dad gets back from gigging at around 1:30 am!!!  Iz and I have our hotel booked and are planning on xmas shopping. You all better be nice to her. It's her first proper grown up gig (ok so most of you dont qualify as grown ups but you know what i mean!)  :D

Are you sure she's ready for her first sight of a Prog demographic ? :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

MikeEvs

Have hired a 50mm f1.2 lens for this gig as the lighting in the peel can be a bit on the dark side sometimes, got it for the weekend so that I can try our the lens for some video stuff to :)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "MikeEvs"Have hired a 50mm f1.2 lens for this gig as the lighting in the peel can be a bit on the dark side sometimes, got it for the weekend so that I can try our the lens for some video stuff to :)

Hmmm, there's a thought: renting a lens. My 18-200mm lens for my D7000 is currently back at Nikon for repairs after the zoom ring became, err, very stuck, and I'm not sure of getting it back in time for The Peel.

Despite it being only f/3.5 to f/5-ish at best, the D7000's rather excellent low-light level performance means that the combo's not half bad for concert pictures, at least by my standards. I used the pair at ISO1600-3200 at the Arena concert at De Boerderij recently, as I posted in another thread here ...

OK, an f/1.2-1.8 would be nice for the limited DOF and bokeh, but I've been trying in vain to get a hold of the AF-D f/1.8 85mm Nikkor lens from my local (best price) supplier here for a a month or more: as they're made in Thailand, supplies have dried up (if you'll pardon the inverse pun).

On the other hand, since I'm sure there'll be plenty of photogs at The Peel, p'raps I should spare myself the bother and listen instead ...  ;)

JakeWorrell

More gig news

Quote from: "@planetFrost"This It Bites/Frost* gig might be happening after all... If it does, I hope we really can play The Scala. I love that venue.

nothing confirmed of course but sounds like a good night! except its miles away from me as usual! :P

don't tell anyone though its supposed to be a secret ;)
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"