Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM - The Peel, Kingston. 16th Dec

Started by JakeWorrell, August 12, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pajter

I've sent an email to The Peel, asking how I could get tickets in The Netherlands. I hope they'll have some good news for me tomorrow. :)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pajter"I've sent an email to The Peel, asking how I could get tickets in The Netherlands. I hope they'll have some good news for me tomorrow. :)

Pajter: as noted above, I called The Peel and was told (by Twang?) that the best way for people overseas to get tickets is to send an email (which you've done) with your full contact details (which you may have done), and then he'll put tickets aside for you, to be picked and paid for at the gig.

That's what I did this evening, so hopefully it'll work for you too. As also noted above, however, the speed at which the tickets were evidently selling out gives me the slight concern that those who're phoning and paying on the spot (from the UK) may have nabbed all the tickets before the emails get looked at tomorrow.

A sleepless night ahead; this gig is not to be missed ... !

(p.s. I made another post earlier that oddly disappeared into the ether congratulating myself on my powers of preposterous prognostications on picking the cryptic announcement to mean a mid-December Frost* gig at The Peel; sometimes wishful thinking can come true  8-) )

gr8gonzo

Do you suppose the banana would be permitted entry without a ticket?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pajter

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Pajter: as noted above, I called The Peel and was told (by Twang?) that the best way for people overseas to get tickets is to send an email (which you've done) with your full contact details (which you may have done), and then he'll put tickets aside for you, to be picked and paid for at the gig.

That's what I did this evening, so hopefully it'll work for you too. As also noted above, however, the speed at which the tickets were evidently selling out gives me the slight concern that those who're phoning and paying on the spot (from the UK) may have nabbed all the tickets before the emails get looked at tomorrow.

(p.s. I made another post earlier that oddly disappeared into the ether congratulating myself on my powers of preposterous prognostications on picking the cryptic announcement to mean a mid-December Frost* gig at The Peel; sometimes wishful thinking can come true  8-) )

Thanks for the information mate. :) I'll just have to wait and see what they'll have to say tomorrow then. It will be a restless night indeed.

finbeard

That's it.

I've got to start saving up my pennies. I'm flying over from the states for this.

Who do I call, what do I do, where do I go to buy a ticket? Point me in the right direction, Frost*ies, I'm counting on you!
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "finbeard"That's it.

I've got to start saving up my pennies. I'm flying over from the states for this.

Who do I call, what do I do, where do I go to buy a ticket? Point me in the right direction, Frost*ies, I'm counting on you!

finbeard - see the previous postings re: people coming (hopefully!) from abroad, like you, Pajter, and me. One detail I missed was the email to use, as provided by Twang: mailto:peelbookings@hotmail.com">peelbookings@hotmail.com.

Good luck with getting a ticket and with getting the dosh together to fly over.

Trapezium Artist

Err, Pedro, I have to post this here because you've locked the Upcoming Frost* Gigs topic: shouldn't you update the subject to eliminate the "None" part?  8-)

finbeard

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "finbeard"That's it.

finbeard - see the previous postings re: people coming (hopefully!) from abroad, like you, Pajter, and me. One detail I missed was the email to use, as provided by Twang: mailto:peelbookings@hotmail.com">peelbookings@hotmail.com.

Good luck with getting a ticket and with getting the dosh together to fly over.

Ah, thanks for that email address! I just shot a message off to him. Let's hope I didn't forget some sort of super-secret clubhouse codeword...

I've been poking around at flights and all that, even though it's probably too early in the game to really settle on anything... Why, of all places, do I have to be trying to get to the UK from Seattle? At least I have friends in low places over there where lodging is concerned...
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

Gandalf1986

I cannot miss this. December 16th is my birthday. This would be the perfect self-gift. *searches through the flights*... :mrgreen:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Err, Pedro, I have to post this here because you've locked the Upcoming Frost* Gigs topic: shouldn't you update the subject to eliminate the "None" part?  8-)
LOL I think you caught me in the act of moving the gig from "Frost*-ish" thread to the full-fat "Frost*" thread (cos I'd just had it confirmed). I think it's all correct (but let me know if it's not, I'm still too excited to think straight!). Those threads have always been locked in an attempt to keep the mechanism free from biscuit crumbs. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Err, Pedro, I have to post this here because you've locked the Upcoming Frost* Gigs topic: shouldn't you update the subject to eliminate the "None" part?  8-)
LOL I think you caught me in the act of moving the gig from "Frost*-ish" thread to the full-fat "Frost*" thread (cos I'd just had it confirmed). I think it's all correct (but let me know if it's not, I'm still too excited to think straight!). Those threads have always been locked in an attempt to keep the mechanism free from biscuit crumbs. :)

Err, I don't think so, Pedro: the locked thread is still titled "Upcoming Frost*-ish Gigs - None" on the active items page. Or is there another thread that has the gig in?

Gandalf1986

I need to ask you this: any cheap and close to the venue accomodation? I need to book everytihng for this!
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Pedro"I'm still too excited to think straight!

Tell me about it, I've been on a high ever since the announcement! It's rather odd how much excitement a single band can bring.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"That's what I did this evening, so hopefully it'll work for you too. As also noted above, however, the speed at which the tickets were evidently selling out gives me the slight concern that those who're phoning and paying on the spot (from the UK) may have nabbed all the tickets before the emails get looked at tomorrow.

Ah, just received an email from The Peel: my overseas tickets are confirmed! Excellent news indeed  :mrgreen:

gav

TICKETS BOOKED!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!  :D  :mrgreen:  :D

Good lawd I feel sorry for Twang having to deal with us lot...

...and that "mad woman" who called on the other line...  :?

Keep up the good work sir!
You can do eeet!
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!