Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM - The Peel, Kingston. 16th Dec

Started by JakeWorrell, August 12, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pajter

I haven't received a reply yet. But I've used email addresses that were on their website. So I might just be out of luck. I've now asked a friend of mine who lives in London to call for tickets, but he hasn't replied yet either. Damn! Fingers crossed!

gav

I should think you'll be ok mate, the reason it's taking a while is that if one person's trying to pay for tickets over the phone, and someone calls on the other line, it stops the transaction going through.
Be patient everyone!  ;)
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "gav"If one person's trying to pay for tickets over the phone, and someone calls on the other line, it stops the transaction going through.

This happened to me yesterday :lol:
"The longer the note, the more dread."

gav

:lol:  It's probably happening to everyone who calls to be honest! xD
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

MarkOneMusic

Waiting for a call back....

Waiting....

STILL WAITING!... :?

Geetar

This logjam is what comes of allowing just anyone to come to Frost-flavoured events - I'm outraged that people will be permitted to attend who like Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir, Justin Bieber, Mott The Hoople or Yes.

Especially Yes.
This space for sale.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "gav"TICKETS BOOKED!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!  :D  :mrgreen:  :D

Good lawd I feel sorry for Twang having to deal with us lot...

...and that "mad woman" who called on the other line...  :?

Keep up the good work sir!
You can do eeet!

Hmmm, I wondered why we hadn't heard from Catherine or Nellie yet (who, I of course, hope will be there) ...  8-)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Geetar"This logjam is what comes of allowing just anyone to come to Frost-flavoured events - I'm outraged that people will be permitted to attend who like Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir, Justin Bieber, Mott The Hoople or Yes.

Especially Yes.

Ooh, them's fighting words ... but since I'm a in good mood ...

JimD

Just got two tickets!  First time at the Peel and first time to see Frost* in any shape or form!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Err, Pedro, I have to post this here because you've locked the Upcoming Frost* Gigs topic: shouldn't you update the subject to eliminate the "None" part?  8-)
LOL I think you caught me in the act of moving the gig from "Frost*-ish" thread to the full-fat "Frost*" thread (cos I'd just had it confirmed). I think it's all correct (but let me know if it's not, I'm still too excited to think straight!). Those threads have always been locked in an attempt to keep the mechanism free from biscuit crumbs. :)

Err, I don't think so, Pedro: the locked thread is still titled "Upcoming Frost*-ish Gigs - None" on the active items page. Or is there another thread that has the gig in?
We've had two threads for a while; "Frost* gigs" for, erm, Frost* gigs and "Frost*-ish gigs" for things like Esoteric and Defence of the Realm. As I explained in the previous post, the December gig changed from being "ish" to being a full fat Frost* gig so "-ish - None" is exactly right...isn't it? Look at the second thread in Gigs...am I still deluded?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"We've had two threads for a while; "Frost* gigs" for, erm, Frost* gigs and "Frost*-ish gigs" for things like Esoteric and Defence of the Realm. As I explained in the previous post, the December gig changed from being "ish" to being a full fat Frost* gig so "-ish - None" is exactly right...isn't it? Look at the second thread in Gigs...am I still deluded?

Ah, ok, see what you mean, Pedro. It was just that the proper Frost* gig thread didn't appear on the active threads page (which is all I ever look at), because for some reason that dates of your posts are set as September 9, 2010.

Presumably you've edited an old post rather than entered a new one on that locked thread. Might be better if you did that, so that it floats onto the active page as being new.

That said, if the gig isn't sold out very soon, I'd be surprised, so might be better to keep it submerged to avoid disappointment for the (slightly) latecomers ...  ;)

MarkOneMusic

Yay! got the call back.. bought the tix! see you all there in December!

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Pedro"We've had two threads for a while; "Frost* gigs" for, erm, Frost* gigs and "Frost*-ish gigs" for things like Esoteric and Defence of the Realm. As I explained in the previous post, the December gig changed from being "ish" to being a full fat Frost* gig so "-ish - None" is exactly right...isn't it? Look at the second thread in Gigs...am I still deluded?

Ah, ok, see what you mean, Pedro. It was just that the proper Frost* gig thread didn't appear on the active threads page (which is all I ever look at), because for some reason that dates of your posts are set as September 9, 2010.

Presumably you've edited an old post rather than entered a new one on that locked thread. Might be better if you did that, so that it floats onto the active page as being new.

That said, if the gig isn't sold out very soon, I'd be surprised, so might be better to keep it submerged to avoid disappointment for the (slightly) latecomers ...  ;)
Good point, young man....I only really use the "unread posts" link but I'll try to remember to use fresh posts from now on. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Twang

Hello everyone :D  We're back then.

Tickets have gone crazy. So hurry 0208 546 3515 £12 advance.

cheers,

T M/

Pajter

Just got an email reply from John @ The Peel. I'm going to London! Bloody brilliant! :D