Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM - The Peel, Kingston. 16th Dec

Started by JakeWorrell, August 12, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

I'm still reeling from the news, but as things stand, my prog-detesting wife will actually be by my side,  experiencing the madness of a Frost* gathering for the first time. Always the first to run a mile from accompanying me to a gig involving non-danceable time-signatures, the words 'Christmas Party', 'possible curry" and 'a visit to 'That Larrrndon' seem to have had a peculiar effect on her.

So Jem, John, Craig and Nathan, the gauntlet has been thrown down. What was to have been a low-key, fun gig has now had the pressure ramped up a Milliontown-fold. We will have a dissenter in our midst. Be prepared for heckles, dismissive banter and general non-mellotronic sentiment to pour forth from her normally sweet natured mouth. Nothing less than a prog babtism is called for. Yo've all seen the film The Exorcist. Well, sort of imagine that with a 7/8 soundtrack.   :shock:

But you have a head start. She's addicted to biscuits.

Go easy on her guys and gals, for she knows not what awaits her.... ;)

Big Black Shed

Ahhhhh........ Bugger.

Not been around for a while.

Finally caught up with all of the "news". And bugger me there must be a conspiracy. Gig Buddy can't make this one, I'm in 2 minds as to whether to fly solo or not, then it's all sold out.

And talk of a curry!

Bugger, bugger, bugger.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Pedro

You could register an interest in the tickets thread?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Well now, please excuse my tardiness, but I thought I'd better register confimation that The Lawnmower and The Mallet will be in attendance, phonecall to Twang placed and tickets duly purchased as soon as the news broke!

Boy is this exciting and unexpected, which makes it even more exciting!!

Probably won't stay over, will just catch the stupid-o'clock ferry back to Wighty.

Look forward to seeing all you jolly chaps & chapesses again.

What-ho.

Lawny

Mikey

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"Ahhhhh........ Bugger.

Not been around for a while.

Finally caught up with all of the "news". And bugger me there must be a conspiracy. Gig Buddy can't make this one, I'm in 2 minds as to whether to fly solo or not, then it's all sold out.

And talk of a curry!

Bugger, bugger, bugger.
Where's cowland?
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Quote from: "Mikey"Where's cowland?
Anywhere with a runway long enough?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Mikey"Where's cowland?
Anywhere with a runway long enough?

Ahh. Cows land and take off vertically.

Never heard of a Friesian-Jump-Jet??????

In colloquial terms: "I be in Hereford, boy"

finbeard

Quote from: "Mouse"Yes, this place must be located, lest it be a mirage that only appears to those hungry and drunk enough.

I'm fairly sure that the Frost* crowd would meet all the prerequisites for such a shop to appear...
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

MikeEvs

I'd be more exited if train tickets from here to Kingston weren't so expensive currently £72 is the cheapest available which is really annoying as the month before I have return train tickets to Gatwick Airport from here that only cost £29.

May have to reconsider going if that price doesn't come down :(

JakeWorrell

I've not tried it myself but I hear you can often get dramatically cheaper journeys if you get several smaller journeys.

For example for going from Telford to London it might be cheaper to get a ticket to Brum and then a ticket from Brum to London than just getting the one ticket to London. 2 singles can sometimes be cheaper than a return too. Worth a look maybe?

Source: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... ets#system
"The longer the note, the more dread."

MikeEvs

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"I've not tried it myself but I hear you can often get dramatically cheaper journeys if you get several smaller journeys.

For example for going from Telford to London it might be cheaper to get a ticket to Brum and then a ticket from Brum to London than just getting the one ticket to London. 2 singles can sometimes be cheaper than a return too. Worth a look maybe?

Source: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... ets#system

I know about that but rarely works on the London-South Wales line I can usually get cheaper advanced single tickets but they're not available at the moment they might be as we get closer to the date at the moment the off peak return is cheaper than two singles

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "MikeEvs"I know about that but rarely works on the London-South Wales line I can usually get cheaper advanced single tickets but they're not available at the moment they might be as we get closer to the date at the moment the off peak return is cheaper than two singles

Bloody London! Oh well, fingers crossed for you anyway :)
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "MikeEvs"May have to reconsider going if that price doesn't come down :(

Mike.

I'm ticket-less at the moment, but hoping a kind soul will bless me with one. If so, Newport is only a short diversion for me. And I'll have an empty car. Except me.

The offer is there.

Fogeyspasm

Checked with the Peel and my son cant be smuggled in in a fake beard and dark glasses. 13 is too young which is a shame so im going to have to see if i can get Jem to send him a short message on my camera/video. That will keep him happy, and any merchandise purchases. :lol:
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!