Main Menu

mr. bungle

Started by leelustig, November 25, 2008, 06:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wickedwitch

First impressions do count.  My mate Vambo pointed me in the direction of Faith No More then i heard a couple of Mr Bungle songs on youtube via that and i was humming them for days. I was on ebay the same week!

taliwakker

Have any of you guys heard the 4 demos previous to the self titled album. The 4th one 'OU818' was killer...had songs that would be on the first album and a song called Mr Nice Guy which was awesome. The earlier demos were fairly ska influenced...worth a listen if you can find them. Their used to be a really cool ftp site called bunglefever....had everything bungle and bungle related (live shows, side projects, radio interviews etc) It seems to be down now unfortunately.

You can still d/l some tracks from here

http://www.bunglefever.com/audio/demos.php

leelustig

Quote from: "taliwakker"Have any of you guys heard the 4 demos previous to the self titled album. The 4th one 'OU818' was killer...had songs that would be on the first album and a song called Mr Nice Guy which was awesome. The earlier demos were fairly ska influenced...worth a listen if you can find them. Their used to be a really cool ftp site called bunglefever....had everything bungle and bungle related (live shows, side projects, radio interviews etc) It seems to be down now unfortunately.

You can still d/l some tracks from here

http://www.bunglefever.com/audio/demos.php
The older demos are really funny. OU818 is excellent. The intro is hilarious and I like the version of Squeeze me macaroni on that one better than the album version. It's sick as hell.

Have you ever heard the really old demo Bowel of Chiley? The track 'jumping part 2' is hilarious. When he says mr. potato head, I always get a laugh. genius shit though.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

Mikey

Quote from: "wickedwitch"Faith No More !
Woodpecker from Mars
I used to have a signature

Mikey

Quote from: "eponymous"
Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "wickedwitch"Faith No More !
Woodpecker from Mars
Now I have the FNM cover of "War Pigs" stuck in my head.
Damn it....so I have I now

JimD

I remember seeing FNM performing "War Pigs" at Rock City in Nottingham, summer '89; The Real Thing had just been released and Mike Patton was the "new singer".  Well powerful!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Mikey

Quote from: "eponymous""Generals gathered in their masses..."
Just like witches at black masses

kaide

Site for live and rare Mr. Bungle downloads

//ftp://ftp.bunglefever.com/pub/Mr%20Bungle/

this was posted on their facebook page

good stuff!

leelustig

You know whats weird, I feel like they were tighter in the old days...

Then again the music from California has just GOT to be hard to pull off live... They do a good job in most cases though. Especially with Ars Moriendi. None of them knew is always kinda shakey though. But think about it, just listening to that song... it's gotta be fucking hard to play live. Especially with all the samples and crazy weird guitar parts...
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

Rockmelter

Now I know it's the right place for me to talk about music. :)
I don't have to say that everything Mike Patton touches turns to gold, cause we all know that, right, but man, Mr Bungle music has been with me through my whole life (so has Faith No More, which I think saved my sanity) and it never wears out. The first album (1 year older than me! [[edit: I mean younger.]]) was awesome, Disco Volante too, but what they did on California was unrepeatable. One of my top 10 albums ever. I could write a 300 pages essay about the experience of listening to California, but that wouldn't still describe how great it is.
Now I'm off to listen to Pink Cigarette. (*_*)
Rockmelter