Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

E.S.

No way! That's just awesome!  :D

Mikey

Kids were intrigued by the ping pong balls on Mount Hood
I used to have a signature

rogerg

cool.  I passed it along to a friend of mine who does a lot of prepared-piano stuff.

RacingHippo

Very, very impressive.
* May contain nuts.

Trapezium Artist

Absolutely tremendous stuff: love it. Will have to watch and listen to more of his work.

Although different in the way he uses just the piano to achieve all of his sounds, there's a strong resonance for me with the work of Peter Broderick, who I think deserves much more attention:

//http://www.peterbroderick.net/

On a more personal note, Hauschka's techniques remind me of the recording I submitted to our school music competition some 35 years ago  :shock:  Told that we would get house points just for sending something in, regardless of the outcome, I felt unconstrained by my lack of actual piano playing technique, so sat down at our home upright.

I dropped a microphone from my mum's crummy tape recorder inside the piano, right next to (perhaps even touching) the strings, and then played a semi-random sequence of black notes for five minutes or so with my foot on the sustain pedal throughout. A lovely set of echoey noises which I titled "The Distiller's Dream" and duly sent in.

Bless him, our music teacher ended up writing a glowing essay in assessment of my ditty, talking about how I had cleverly used the pentatonic scale, common to many cultures in the world, and gave me high marks. I was quite chuffed, even if he was probably taking the piss just as seriously as I was (I shall never know).

RWA

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"On a more personal note, Hauschka's techniques remind me of the recording I submitted to our school music competition some 35 years ago  :shock:  Told that we would get house points just for sending something in, regardless of the outcome, I felt unconstrained by my lack of actual piano playing technique, so sat down at our home upright.

I dropped a microphone from my mum's crummy tape recorder inside the piano, right next to (perhaps even touching) the strings, and then played a semi-random sequence of black notes for five minutes or so with my foot on the sustain pedal throughout. A lovely set of echoey noises which I titled "The Distiller's Dream" and duly sent in.

Bless him, our music teacher ended up writing a glowing essay in assessment of my ditty, talking about how I had cleverly used the pentatonic scale, common to many cultures in the world, and gave me high marks. I was quite chuffed, even if he was probably taking the piss just as seriously as I was (I shall never know).
Great story!  :lol: