Frost* AGM Accommodation Conundrum

Started by sawtooth, November 08, 2011, 03:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

Guys and gals - whats the general consensus of the Travelodgery? I'm about to book our room, and Kingston Central is about double the price of the Chessington Tolworth one, but it'd be worth it if it afforded an increased chance of a meet up with Frosties* pre/post gig - especially if the curry house is nearby. Also it's staggering distance from The Peel looks better, which may be an important factor  :D

I seem to remember Pedders saying that parking is a bit hit and miss with the Central Travelodge though??

So who's staying where? Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere in the forum - I've had a look around but couldn't dig up the info!

Fogeyspasm

I was driving back home after the gig but things seem to be changing so a stayover looks on the books.
Looking at the travelodges myself. I think Mouse stayed in the central one last time. I know i parked in the car park alongside it.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

RacingHippo

Yep, I'm in Central.
Didn't have any trubshaw parking last time I stayed there if I recall... or was that the old central one?
* May contain nuts.

Ash

I have only stayed at the nearest travel lodge once and you most certainly could NOT park there.  I parked near The Peel and walked back to get it the next morning.  This was several years ago now tho.

I am thinking about getting accommodation too even though I am relatively local.  If I drive I can't drink and if I get public transport I may miss Cosmic Lawnmower doing his thing again (or whatever may happen this year).
Ash
xxx

E.S.

I'm staying in Central too. So this is the Chateau-du-Frost* then?

fitzy

Quote from: "E.S."I'm staying in Central too. So this is the Chateau-du-Frost* then?
Indeed,...i,m booked here because its so close,and after a couple of dry runs should be able to navigate back to ze crib with the inevitable beer goggles on.... ;)
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

Fogeyspasm

Booked in at Kingston Central. Can have beer and food for a change rather than rush home. Bonus!
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

RacingHippo

Yay! W00t! And Huzzah!
What a luvverly breakfast we'll all have together.

We just have to suss car parking.....
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

There's a gurt big car park just over the road from the hotel. Have a look on Google Streetview. We parked there when we stayed at the Central. That was a Saturday and we nearly parked in the underground bit which would have been locked until Monday (or something) so read the signage.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Bert

There's a multi story next door to the Kingston Central travelodge as well.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

E.S.

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Yay! W00t! And Huzzah!
What a luvverly breakfast we'll all have together.

We just have to suss car parking.....
Prog breakfast.  :D

johninblack

Quote from: "RacingHippo"We just have to suss car parking.....
The M25 Orbital Car Park usually has some spaces.  :roll:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

wickedwitch

daughter and i are staying at KT2 6ND travelodge. Dont think its teh central one.

Fogeyspasm

Its not that far away.
Bit too far away to have a breakfast food fight though!
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

Big Black Shed

Just trying to book a hotel. Travelodge has jumped from £25 on Wednesday to £52 today.

Grrrrr.....
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.