Main Menu

Guitar gere

Started by BrizzleRocker, November 09, 2011, 02:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrizzleRocker

Had my first rehearsal with the new band last night and snagged these poor mobile shots of the rig.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11322634122 ... Q3s3tcGmJT

It's a work in progress but essentially a compact(ish) Wet/Dry rig. I hope to go stereo one day but am concentrating on just playing the damn guitar at the moment!

B
[size=85]Shut up and play yer guitar....[/size]

Mikey

Quote from: "BrizzleRocker"It's a work in progress but essentially a compact(ish) Wet/Dry rig.
Go on then, I'll ask....What's a wet/Dry rig?
I used to have a signature

Mouse

Well, 'dry' is yer original signal from yer axe, see, and 'wet' is yer signal covered in effects like reverb an' delay an' shizzle.

BrizzleRocker

Wot he said /

The setup is - Guitar - > Morley Power Wah (35GBP from eBay!) -> TU2 ->RC Booster ->AC2 ->RC2 - amp.

The amp is my trusty old 4 channel Rocktron Egnater TOL100 that's been 'tweaked'. I've replaced the front grill with something that allows air through and performed the TOS mod (tone shift) on channels 3 & 4. It's also biaised for 6L6's although again I'm thinking of changing back to EL34 for more "grit" or at least a different sound. This runs into the bottom 2x12" Framus cab loaded with Vintage 30's, closed back and no foam doughnuts.

The slave out of the amp runs into the G-Major 2 and into the Marshall 8008 (linear mode) and into the top cab which is the same Framus with Vintage 30's - except open back and foam doughnuts to distribute the sound!

Apart from the foot pedals it's all MIDI switched from the RJM Mastermind (including the amp) which is the best midi pedal I've ever used! It'll sound better when I get the chance to program up some patches!

So essentially two amps/rigs in one!

B
[size=85]Shut up and play yer guitar....[/size]