Previous topic - Next topic

ich_bin_besser

Not that surprising, but I'm very sad right now...   :cry:

http://www.ndvmusic.com/
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

E.S.

D S

Hmm.  As you say, sad but not surprising.  Spock's were only really able to carry on just after Neal left due to the multi-talented NDV and they actually produced some of their finest material in that format IMO.  The fact that they had to play 2 festivals without Nick last summer set a few alarm bells ringing for me so this is not a shock.  They've had Jimmy as their live drummer for a while now so I guess he'll be the obvious studio replacement.  With Enchant rather quiet just now (sadly), Ted Leonard would make a good permanent new frontman.  But it'll not be the same.
I'm just glad I got to see SB with NDV the only time they ever played in Scotland - met them all afterwards and sound blokes they are too.  The support band was pretty good too...  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

keithd

My Hovercraft is full of eels

turbo

?"By the beard of Zeus"

L33VEY

I'm confused.  Spocks do their double album called Snow (Lamb Lies Down), then their leader Neal Morse (Peter Gabriel) leaves.  The drummer NDV (Phil Collins) steps forward from the drummers stool have done a bit of singing in the past and when they go on tour they bring another drummer with them.

Surely Alan Morse (Steve Hackett) should leave next, before Spocks go for the commercial dollar and end up playing the enormodromes?   ;)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Mooncat

A real shame, but then as Nick says, he has to commit to something that helps pay the bills and much as they are loved, Spock's aren't going to do that anytime soon.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

mr_john

Not surprised. CDS provides NDV with a regular wage so he had to go with that.

Although if I remember rightly the vast majority of 'X' was written by people from outside the band so the songs won't change too much methinks.

MarkOneMusic

Sad here too... SInce Spock's are up there as one of my favourite bands ever.

Bit like others, not completely surprised.

And it just goes to highlight the state of the music business that a band with 10 studio albums and 3 live albums under their belt, and, in prog terms a pretty significant fanbase just basically can't really consider that as a full-time gig from a financial perspective.

I hope the band find a way to keep going, and of course I really wish NDV well in his future endeavours.

Mouse

Quote from: "L33VEY"I'm confused.  Spocks do their double album called Snow (Lamb Lies Down), then their leader Neal Morse (Peter Gabriel) leaves.  The drummer NDV (Phil Collins) steps forward from the drummers stool have done a bit of singing in the past and when they go on tour they bring another drummer with them.

And if we continue this to when NDV (Phil) leaves, they get in Ray Wilson (Ted) and a new touring drummer, NDV... oh, hang on. Er...