Main Menu

R.I.P.

Started by Mikey, November 18, 2011, 05:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

So if I'm thinking nice words I don't need to post them.

I thought therefore I was, so I'm definitely not here either
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on January 12, 2016, 12:33:03 PM
So if I'm thinking nice words I don't need to post them.

I thought therefore I was, so I'm definitely not here either

Well, not exactly, Mikey (or the twitching neurons I like to call Mikey). Y'see, a lot of my imaginings have to take place in the background, unconsciously, as my conscious mind is reserved for dealing with the more egregious fantasies I find myself coming up with.

For example, just this morning I came up with the utterly bizarre idea of marrying off (the construct known as) Jerry Hall to an 84-year old billionaire lizard (sorry, construct), and that she and he would be excitedly looking forward to their future together.

Which is presumably going to be a short one. What the hell was I thinking?

With that in mind, it's always good if the nicer unconscious imaginings (such as positive comments by the Mikey construct on a made-up picture of the Bowie construct) are raised into my conscious where they can be registered and appreciated, say by having them appear on the imaginary screen in front of my imaginary (?) eyes.

So, fire away, Mikey construct.

Personally, I blame this cartoon (which I made up, of course, not those "The Joy of Tech" constructs) for my holding this world view:

owen

Wow TA. You mean you didn't have to do all that hard work to land on that comet? You could have just had an idea, got some other construct to do it and then hogged the glory?

Wait...it all makes sense now

rogerg

owen

Glenn Frey. If I'm honest I'll listen to The Eagles far more than Bowie, so...

Mooncat

Not to mention Dallas Tayloe (Crosby, Still, Nash & Young drummer) and Dale Griffin (Mott the Hoople drummer and BBC session producer)

:(
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

MikeEvs

Quote from: Mooncat on January 19, 2016, 10:53:49 AM
Not to mention Dallas Tayloe (Crosby, Still, Nash & Young drummer) and Dale Griffin (Mott the Hoople drummer and BBC session producer)

:(

Dallas Taylor died January 18th 2015 he's been dead a year

Mikey

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on January 12, 2016, 12:48:37 PM
As soon as someone constructs my memory I'll say super photo TA........where's your one of Glenn Frey?
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on January 19, 2016, 12:47:38 PM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on January 12, 2016, 12:48:37 PM
As soon as someone constructs my memory I'll say super photo TA........where's your one of Glenn Frey?

Never photographed him (shall drop the solipsism nonsense now; seems mildly out of place in this thread in retrospect) and didn't ever see the Eagles.

There are many others in my collection, but obviously, they'll need to await the appropriate moment. Fortunately for my reputation though, the pictures I took for the student newspaper at one particularly shameful gig will likely remain under cover for a while because Limahl is only 57.

D S

Why be ashamed of your Kajagoogoo photos? Nick Beggs has huge prog creditability these days!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mordwin

Quote from: D S on January 19, 2016, 07:38:29 PM
Why be ashamed of your Kajagoogoo photos? Nick Beggs has huge prog creditability these days!  ;)

All hail the Anti-Collins!

owen

As an adopted Wiganer I'd never slag him (Limahl) off

Mooncat

And now Jimmy Bain (Rainbow/Dio) bass player  :'(
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

owen

Sir George Martin. I'm sure everyone knows that, but no George = no Beatles = np prog. Rip

manoncharles

RIP George Martin. He did a lot for music. I think everything would have been different without the Beatles.
A fairytale in negative