Spock's Beard announce the new lineup!

Started by ich_bin_besser, November 21, 2011, 03:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ich_bin_besser

http://spocksbeard.com/

I'm happy with that.  8-)

QuoteNovember 21, 2011

Announcing – Spock's Beard has a new recording and touring lineup!

To keep bringing you the finest Prog Rock, we've brought on board the amazing vocalist/guitarist Ted Leonard (Enchant, Thought Chamber) and Jimmy Keegan (Santana, John Waite), who's been our tour drummer for close to 10 years now. If you know these guys, you know they're world class. They bring exciting new energy and creativity to the party.

We regret that Nick D'Virgilio, a founding member of the band, good friend and incredible talent is unable to continue with us due to his other commitments. Please continue to support him, check out his new solo CD "Pieces," go see him with Cirque du Soleil and follow whatever other madness he's up to. He's awesome. We wish him the best of luck and the success he deserves. We wouldn't be here without NDV!

Look for a new live Spock's Beard DVD and extensive European tour in early 2012, followed by our 11th studio release sometime in the summer. We're energized and excited, and will be posting updates and sound samples as we progress.

Thank you for continuing to support us through the years and changes. We stay committed to bringing you the finest in Prog Rock and taking it into the future.

If you don't already, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Mooncat

Fairly obvious given that JImmy has been with them for ages and Ted stepped in to the gigs last summer, but fair play to them for not hanging around and getting on with announcing the new line up and also their plans for 2012.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

L33VEY

Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

gr8gonzo

What? No, long, drawn-out 3 part documentary of auditions?  ;)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

E.S.

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"What? No, long, drawn-out 3 part documentary of auditions?  ;)
:D

That's great news. Unlike many other bands, they simply won't give up, even after losing both Neal and Nick. Can't wait for the new album, they haven't disappointed me so far.  :)

EVP

Normally I'm the optimistic type but I have to be honest and say I'm not too excited about this news.
I saw the clips of them playing shows last summer and I just don't think Ted's voice fits with their sound.
Jimmy is a fine drummer though and I can see him filling not only Nick's drumming shoes but
his backing vocals as well. The writing direction is gonna undergo a major change me thinks.

I do wish them the best of luck though. I hope they do well for themselves. Losing Neal was one thing
but Nick was the backbone IMHO and it just won't be the same without his vocals.

gr8gonzo

I'm inclined to agree about Ted being an uncertain fit vocally. The proof will be in the pudding, but the output is bound to be so dramatically different that they should probably consider a name change. Anyone up for Uhura's Pubes?

Mikey

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Anyone up for Uhura's Pubes?
:D
I used to have a signature

gr8gonzo

I can't take credit for that. That's someone's name on the SB forum.  :)

Mikey

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"I can't take credit for that. That's someone's name on the SB forum.  :)
Shhh, no-one'll notice. Claim it
I used to have a signature

Mouse

I'm just looking forward to a new SB album and tour.  :D  Hope they play the UK, especially if Dec's supporting.

fitzy

Yeah,i,d travel for that... :D R.e SB, i really hope it works for them,i love the music,..i d,ont envy Ted his position,huge shoes to fill..but i wish him the very best!!Jimmy would slot in anywhere,brilliant drummer..!!And Dec,supporting :D ....make it so Captain Mouse...!
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

RWA

I kinda lost them after Octane, which is the last proper album IMO.
Then again, this new line up might drag me back into their world. I wish them all the best!  :)