Any tips on what to do at 40?

Started by Bokkie, November 22, 2011, 12:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokkie

I have to face the facts: i'm 40. Is there something i can do to compensate the feeling of loosing my youth? I already got a motorcycle and broke up with a girl who's 10 years younger then me. Is there anything besides listening to prog?
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

E.S.

First, congratulations.  :D

Second; There's not a thing to worry about. Why change anything? Maybe date more younger girls.  :D

Maybe do what our dear Cap'n Jem is doing, write a prog album.

Big Black Shed

You could try this:

http://youtu.be/FLPYK-nY2Mk

Watch the series.

WARNING: Not safe for work / children.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Bokkie

Thanks! So....lets see... more young girls hmmm not for the moment. It's between the leather pans and a prog album....hmmmm choises' choises... ;)
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Fogeyspasm

When you became 40 you were only a day older than the day before so you can take solace in that thought.
Age doesn't bother me, i can never remember how old i am anyway.
There again i can't remember who i am, ho are you and what am i doing here? Nurse, Nurse..............
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

fitzy

Embrace your 40,s with gusto mate...!! You,ve the bike,you,re single....,just refrain from anything too rad,...nipple piercing,leather trousers,..dying your hair,if you have any ;) would be a no-no,etc.The only drawback are the occasional hangovers that refuse to leave,and the sound of creaking limbs when you awake to greet the day....but you,ll get used to that... ;)
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

johninblack

Quote from: "fitzy"just refrain from anything too rad,...dying your hair,if you have any ;)
You're not going to think much of me then.........:)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

fitzy

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "fitzy"just refrain from anything too rad,...dying your hair,if you have any ;)
You're not going to think much of me then.........:)
Ha!ha!..i doubt that very much... ;) Looking forward to having a beer with you mate...!!
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

rogerg

Gman

Tis easy...have kids! You'll never be short of an excuse to act like a child...works for me! Running through a busy airport pulling a small child on a Trunkie, both of us going 'weeeeeeeeeeee'...you can only do that with a sprog in tow.  :D

ich_bin_besser

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

RWA

johninblack

Quote from: "RWA"I recommend: KEEP BREATHING!  :D
Yeah and keep it going at least another 30 years :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

DueyC

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "RWA"I recommend: KEEP BREATHING!  :D
Yeah and keep it going at least another 30 years :)

At least! Three score and ten is so last century  ;)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk