Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM Post Gig Curry Puty-Namey-Down

Started by Big Black Shed, November 22, 2011, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Black Shed

Right. As the title of the topic says: Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM Post Gig Curry Puty-Namey-Downy-Thread.

It has been mentioned in a few other threads that there maybe someway of organising a post gig curry. This was to ensure the debarcle of 2008 was not repeated. In short Keith deciding he "needed" a curry, promptly followed by a bunch of Frost*ies following him around Kingston. No curry was consumed. We couldn't believe the lack of Hot Spiced Food Establishments in Kingston. Only to awaken the following morning to find the street outside the hotel (Travelodge Chessington Tolworth) lined with late night food outlets of foreign origin.

James (LivingForever) did, I believe, offer to try to find a curry house willing to stop open late. What with local knowledge and the fact it was his idea. (Thanks for volunteering James.  ;)  ;)  ;) )

Quote from: "LivingForever"Ok then... how's about we all meet for beers at the Peel from, um... opening time!

And then post-gig I suggest I try the nearest curry house, and I will see if I can get them to stay open for us.

Can anyone who's interested in post-gig curry send me a PM so I can get numbers?

Cheers

James

For this he needs firm numbers. Nowhere is going to stop open for 4 or 5 people, the last count.

So, put your name down on here if post gig curry is your thing. No promises that this will happen, it's all dependant on numbers. And James. (Lets be nice to him, he's got Man-Flu. Unless Karin has killed him for ringing his Man-Flu bell too much)

MAN-FLU BELL
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Big Black Shed

It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Fogeyspasm

Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

RacingHippo

* May contain nuts.

DueyC

+3

Dena, VitP and me.

I'm designated driver so they didn't have a lot of choice  :lol:
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

johninblack

Quote from: "DueyC"+3

Dena, VitP and me.

I'm designated driver so they didn't have a lot of choice  :lol:
They make you drive, you make them eat curry. Sounds fair to me!!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

keithd

Count me in. I'm looking forward to seeing the curry house that's open in Kingston. Not like last time  :roll:
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Mikey

Can I go on the 'love to go for a curry but haven't actually sorted anything out yet' list?
I used to have a signature

johninblack

Quote from: "Mikey"Can I go on the 'love to go for a curry but haven't actually sorted anything out yet' list?
I'll go on that list too!!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

sawtooth

Mouse

RobRideout

LivingForever

Excellent, thanks BBS! I'm sorry to have made the suggestion and then buggered off again.

+2 for me and Karin (Philadelphia).

Question, before I attempt any bookings. Are people likely to be happy to leave the venue as soon as the gig is over and head to the curry house?

Or will people be wanting to hang out at the venue chatting to the band etc for an hour or so after (making the curry not start till... Midnight?)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Trapezium Artist

Count me in too, chaps: +1

LF asks a very good question, though; immediately after or an hour after? If at all possible, I'd go for the one-hour-after option: I need to ask JM about his "rebuild the Titanic" plan again ... ;-)

Seems like we're up to almost 20 already, though, which might lead to someone staying open very late if asked nicely ...