Frosty Christmas Joy etc.

Started by Wickerman, December 03, 2011, 11:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.S.

I have to confess, I haven't got meself Tall Ships yet either..  :oops:  Only gave it a few spins on Spotify quite some time ago, and it sounded killer. Put on the "to buy ASAP" list, but... lazy ass me.

Is "Picture" still unavailable, btw? I only have two tracks, sadly.

Mikey

Quote from: "D S"TA - I'm stunned you don't know IB - you need to buy The Tall Ships now!!  It and Milliontown are the best 2 albums of the last decade IMO. 8-)
Now being challenged by Arena's 7th Degree
I used to have a signature

johninblack

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "D S"TA - I'm stunned you don't know IB - you need to buy The Tall Ships now!!  It and Milliontown are the best 2 albums of the last decade IMO. 8-)
Now being challenged by Arena's 7th Degree
Would have to agree with that Mikey.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "DueyC"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"TA - have you heard Kino?
Cuz if you have and you like it, you'll like the new (i.e. JM-era) IB. Especially given that the 2 main writers are the very same two fellas.

Oh dear - you've exposed another lacuna in my modern prog credentials, RH (and DS) :(  Nope, I'm afraid I don't have any Kino either.

Tut tut.

Kino was an important part of Frost* history. It's the band that brought JM to Jem's attention, and the band that Jem said he would most like to join if he didn't have his own band.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in, whydonchoo?  8-)

I mean, I know all of that, but have just not got a round to it. About time I bought myself some of these; might help me then buy, listen, read all of the other things I'm missing out on (like a paramotor and a weekend cruising boat, for example):

gr8gonzo

I'd be more than happy to put some Kino and IB on my next show, should you want to hear some samples. I do play them somewhat often.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Nellie

I have It Bites' back catalogue and Kino - Cutting Room Floor AND The Urbane - Neon available to purchase at The Merch Desk amongst other tremazing things. ;)
It's in the post!

JakeWorrell

"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

psst Nellie; I've mended it in your post  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nellie

It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Nellie"pssssssssst, ta  ;)

why is everyone whispering?

Pedro

Pssssssst...We're not...we've all been punctured. ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

turbo

psssssst..   exactly my intentions on the 16th  :lol:
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Mikey

Leesten veree carefullee, she'll say zis ohnlee wonce
I used to have a signature

Wickerman

Lots of exciting stuff going on then! Being way up north, I couldn't make it down to the Peel, but sure it'll be a great show and I'll hopefully catch the guys next time they play Manchester or, dare I suggest it, Blackpool!

I've never heard much IB. The stuff I did listen was perhaps a little too 80s sounding for my tastes, but I'd be interested in checking out the new stuff if it's got a modern edge?

Mouse

Quote from: "Wickerman"I've never heard much IB. The stuff I did listen was perhaps a little too 80s sounding for my tastes, but I'd be interested in checking out the new stuff if it's got a modern edge?

It's certainly got that, sir.  ;)