Frosty Christmas Joy etc.

Started by Wickerman, December 03, 2011, 11:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickerman

I'm probably a little late here... But I just wanted to communicate a little unrestrained joy (it is nearly Christmas, after all) at the news of an imminent Frost* return!

I didn't realise there was even a website yet, presuming the excellent frostmusic.net (and its quirky advent calender) is official? Also, there seems to be much talk of an upcoming live date at the Peel. Is this the only show, or are there any more scheduled. And just who IS in this latest incarnation, besides Jem and presumably JM?

Bert

Joy unconfined indeed.

The news is a gig at The Peel on 16/12. Officially sold out, but look at this thread //http://www.frost-music.co.uk/frosties/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2796

Band is JG, JM, Nathan and Craig. I understand that prep is going as well and on time and plan as is usually the case.  ;)

All sites and advent calendars endorsed by Frost*Corp Inc  :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

gr8gonzo

No word on additional dates as of yet, however there is the matter of a new Frost* album tentatively planned for release in Autumn 2012.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Jem proposed an It Bites/Frost* double header on Twitter and JM concurred....nothing more than that but it's good thinking. :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Quote from: "Pedro"Jem proposed an It Bites/Frost* double header on Twitter and JM concurred....nothing more than that but it's good thinking. :D
...if somewhat onerous for poor JM!  ;)   Still, he did play in Frost* and IB in different venues on the same night at the time of Summer's End one year and if Jem's comments about 'Twats in Hats' at the Peel is correct, sounds as if they'll both be playing 2 sets there! 8-)
JM must have the memory of an elephant - he recently did an IB tour, followed an Arena tour, he's playing with IB in Carlisle tonight (yay!)and then Frost* in less than 2 weeks.  That's a lot of different (and complex) music & lyrics to memorise...
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DueyC

Quote from: "D S"JM must have the memory of an elephant - he recently did an IB tour, followed an Arena tour, he's playing with IB in Carlisle tonight (yay!)and then Frost* in less than 2 weeks.  That's a lot of different (and complex) music & lyrics to memorise...

...followed by a John Wetton tour in January!
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

E.S.

I thought the same thing, he clearly must have superhuman memory for all that. It's not like he has a music stand onstage.

Mikey

Quote from: "DueyC"...followed by a John Wetton tour in January!

Ooooohhhh!!!
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

All of which serves to remind me that JM asked me whether I liked IB when we were talking after the Arena gig in Zoetermeer a couple of weeks ago.

I had to admit that in fact I don't think I've ever actually listened to IB; they had never crossed my radar screen back in the day and even though I know of JM's connection, I've just never got around to listening to any of their stuff. Strange, perhaps, but it's just a question of the number of hours in the day ...

He didn't seem too put out and knowing full well that I was Frost*ie (the FROStfest t-shirt was a bit of a giveaway), he said that it wasn't necessarily going to be my cup of tea, but that I should give it a try.

So, a Frost*/IB double-header would suit perfectly, it might seem ...

RacingHippo

TA - have you heard Kino?
Cuz if you have and you like it, you'll like the new (i.e. JM-era) IB. Especially given that the 2 main writers are the very same two fellas.
* May contain nuts.

D S

TA - I'm stunned you don't know IB - you need to buy The Tall Ships now!!  It and Milliontown are the best 2 albums of the last decade IMO. 8-)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DueyC

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "DueyC"...followed by a John Wetton tour in January!

Ooooohhhh!!!

With Martin Orford on keys!

I'm a very happy bunny  :D
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RacingHippo"TA - have you heard Kino?
Cuz if you have and you like it, you'll like the new (i.e. JM-era) IB. Especially given that the 2 main writers are the very same two fellas.

Oh dear - you've exposed another lacuna in my modern prog credentials, RH (and DS) :(  Nope, I'm afraid I don't have any Kino either. I mean, it's quite possible that I've heard a bit of both Kino and IB on Wilf's European Perspective, for example, but I certainly don't own / haven't heard albums from either. Yes, I know the names, but well, just have never got around to it ...

I should give myself a good talking to and stick them on my Christmas wishlist forthwith. That said, I suspect my wishlist is chocka with other things and that I probably haven't listened to / read half the things that I was given last year off the same wishlist. Again, so little time and such a wide world of musical / literary opportunities ...

DueyC

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"TA - have you heard Kino?

Oh dear - you've exposed another lacuna in my modern prog credentials, RH (and DS) :(  Nope, I'm afraid I don't have any Kino either.

Tut tut.

Kino was an important part of Frost* history. It's the band that brought JM to Jem's attention, and the band that Jem said he would most like to join if he didn't have his own band.

RacingHippo

Quote from: "DueyC"Kino was an important part of Frost* history. It's the band that brought JM to Jem's attention, and the band that Jem said he would most like to join if he didn't have his own band.
And they wrote nice choons.
* May contain nuts.