Dead Nobodies #7 - Big Banana Xmas Edition feat J Godfrey

Started by Bert, December 08, 2011, 12:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.S.

So yes... about 90 minutes in now. Sad to say I missed most of PRR before they split, so thanks for chucking a few tracks into the podcast. Gotta get more familiar with their music, sounds lovely so far.

Big Black Shed

It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

BrizzleRocker

Quote from: "Bert"

Hello and Happy Christmas !!

Yes, it's the Dead Nobodies Big Banana Xmas Edition, named after a refrain in the glorious Black Light Machine by the awesome Frost*.

By spectacular coincidence, Frost* main-man, keyboard genius and, more importantly, Top Biscuiteer Jem Godfrey comes out to play this month.

Blend that with some stunning freshly boiled Prog and Rock, serve with a garnish of talky nonsense and you have a feast fit for any Xmas Lunch.

And, like all proper Xmas editions, this one is longer (cont Two Ronnies Xmas Special).

As always take your pick from an MP3 download or stream from //http://www.deadnobodies.net , or mosey on over to iTunes for a subscription free of all charge.

MP4 enhanced version for owners of iThings available in next couple of days.

Please go over to Facebook to visit Dead Nobodies //https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Nobodies/129496980456727 and press that "like" button !!

If I don't see you before, have a great Xmas and New Year !  ;D

Rock, Rock the Power Of Rock

Playlist to follow !! Jem appears roughly once an hour, but I know you wouldn't want to fast forward and miss all that other great stuff now would you ?  ;)

First time listener - WOW!!!

Thanks for all the music... brilliant stuff and actually made being at work a pleasure!

B
[size=85]Shut up and play yer guitar....[/size]

Fogeyspasm

I like the bit where he is talking about Paddys use of his old rig at the Dec gig and he said it sounded really good but in the youtube footage he couldn't see what Paddy was doing.
At that point i realised it must be the stuff i took.

Sorry Jem for my dodgy partial band shot camera work. Must try harder next time! :lol:
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Pedro

LOL Yes, even my Summer's End montage only had a blink and you'll miss him glimpse in!
I think Jem would have picked-up on Paddy's homage to Nosser Rudess when he very deliberately rotated the stand his sample-triggering-pads wotnot was on while he played it. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Drarok

Downloading now, but why is episode 7 in the list twice?

johninblack

Quote from: "Drarok"Downloading now, but why is episode 7 in the list twice?
Cos it's twice as good as the others? :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mikey

Bah!! It's not working.

My guess is the intro would be from the CRS gig, but I haven't heard it yet
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Intro from, I think, The Scala...was it? I missed that one.

MikeEvs

It's in my itunes folder as xmas intro full,  I have another intro called BOTY intro tape is that the CRS gig your thinking of?

Pedro

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"That would be the CRS one.

Correct, still trying to download it.

I may be gone some time, I have a new router to install, should be easy, unplug, swap, switch on.

If I don't come back........see you on Friday.

FRIDAY !!!!!!! It's only a week

Mikey

Quote from: "Mikey"I have a new router to install, should be easy, unplug, swap, switch on.

& it was..........................

there's always an except though, isn't there.

Wife got the wrong bit from Virgin

She'll be happy, its black and matches the computer, whereas the white one didn't. The fact that it'll still keep crashing is completely irrelevant.

Got the Dead Nobodies downloaded now, so I'm happy  :D

Bert

Quote from: "Drarok"Downloading now, but why is episode 7 in the list twice?

Hi mate. Cos I do 2 versions, one an MP3 file (which goes on http://www.deadnobodies.net and iTunes) and the other is an "enhanced" M4a version (only on iTunes) which includes chapters, artwork and also (at least it should) include links to band websites etc, so (in theory) you can forward through chapters, and if you like a track, click the link on the artwork and it should take you through to the artist site seamlessly.

The second takes more time to add all that, so the MP3 usually goes up first and the M4a later. And also, I can't be arsed to edit the XML feed by hand lol  :D

Works only on iPods, iPads and i:Phones and if you're playing the podcast in iTunes.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Bert

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the positive reaction to this episode. I tried to dig up some rare Godfrey moments and I must tip the wink to Pedders and JK and anyone else involved in pulling together the advent calendar as I shamelessly nicked some stuff off it. Even Xmas John makes an appearance, as a hidden track right at the end (in case you were wondering why there's 3 mins of silence after Greg Lake).

And I wouldn't have got that in had it not have been for you guys, so thanks  :) Now of course I'm cursing that I missed that classic swear fest by Johnny Mitchell - I would have LOVED to get that in. :D

Come over and like Dead Nobodies on Facebook one day https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Nob ... 6980456727

See you all at The Peel on Friday, resplendent in your forum t-shirts. I was lucky enough to visit the Merch Queen herself yesterday and got my t-shirt :) In case you want to say hello next week, here's me  :D

And BTW, the mystery biscuits are Foxes Party Rings.  :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis