Whole Gig And Support Video Online.

Started by Fogeyspasm, December 18, 2011, 07:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fogeyspasm

For those who missed it, couldn't see into the room or are just curious lurkers.
See Fogeyspasms channel on youtube
//http://www.youtube.com/user/Fogeyspasm?feature=mhee

Video quality is not as good as some others i've filmed as i was towards the back of the hall but its all here. Enjoy!
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

sawtooth

Quote from: "Fogeyspasm"For those who missed it, couldn't see into the room or are just curious lurkers.
See Fogeyspasms channel on youtube
//http://www.youtube.com/user/Fogeyspasm?feature=mhee

Video quality is not as good as some others i've filmed as i was towards the back of the hall but its all here. Enjoy!
Wow Fogey - that's just awesomely fab! Thank you so much. :)  :)  :)

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Wow; good stuff, that man. Any problem with me downloading the videos?

Just took a wee look at Saline and noticed that I'm halfway between you and the stage. Hopefully the fact that I took a bunch of pictures with my camera held up above me doesn't interfere with anyone's viewing pleasure significantly or that the back of my dancing bald head didn't create too many distracting reflections  ;)

E.S.

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Fogeyspasm

Ive got the original files which are .Mov and quality is better than the ones online but the dividing line is around 1GB as a .Mov and i changed them down to .WMV at around about 200mb for uploading so help yourself. The original files are 9.5GB in total so rather a lot to upload. If i get chance i may replace them one at a time with the better quality footage.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

Trapezium Artist

Thanks, Fogey; anticipating your gracious agreement (knowing that Frost*ies are like that  :) ), I downloaded the .webM versions from YouTube last night and they're certainly fine to be going on with. Don't bust a gut to make the higher quality ones available for the moment; make it 2012 project  ;)

Mouse

Dave R

I would just like to say a MAHOOSIVE thank you to Fogey and, indeed, all the other video contributors (you know who you are) who took the time out from enjoying the show to provide those of us who were not fortunate enough to be there in person, the ability to be a part of the evening!! Herculean contribution and much appreciated!

Many many thanks. Looks like it was a whole lot of fun.

Drarok

Quote from: "Fogeyspasm"Ive got the original files which are .Mov and quality is better than the ones online but the dividing line is around 1GB as a .Mov and i changed them down to .WMV at around about 200mb for uploading so help yourself. The original files are 9.5GB in total so rather a lot to upload. If i get chance i may replace them one at a time with the better quality footage.
If you don't fancy uploading them yourself, you could burn a DVD or two and I could pop them on my server - my mate works in the data centre it's hosted in so I can get the DVDs popped in the drive and copied off easily.

Failing that I could upload them at work, I'm sure they wouldn't mind me tying up the 100mbit line for a few minutes. :mrgreen:

Fogeyspasm

If you PM me your address i will chuck a couple of dvds in the post. Ive just compared originals to those online and to be honest their isn't a massive difference picture wise but the sounds miles better.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Fogeyspasm"If you PM me your address i will chuck a couple of dvds in the post. Ive just compared originals to those online and to be honest their isn't a massive difference picture wise but the sounds miles better.

Ah ... I was actually going to ask that very question: I'm not hugely fussed about the pictures (given where you were standing), but to have a complete recording at higher quality would be good.

As well as / instead of making the higher quality video available, what about stripping out the audio track and making that available via SoundCloud or even via the odds and sods Frost* bits collection webpage (which someone put together, can't recall who now)?

Pedro

Would a quiet word with Jem be prudent before making his audio widely available in good quality?
Just a thought...
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"Would a quiet word with Jem be prudent before making his audio widely available in good quality?
Just a thought...

Thou art wise, thou are prudent, thou art ... Pedro.

Indeed, a prior quiet word would be sensible.