Main Menu

Howard Jones

Started by RWA, December 26, 2011, 09:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

My submission for the ReWork Howard Jones project.

Howard Jones - Automaton (RWA-remix)

Sir Jones is one of my 80's hero's and one of the reasons why I bought my first synth (a Korg Polysix) back in '85. I've added my own drums and guitars to this track as well as a tiny bit of keys.

johninblack

Wow! Good work sir! I really do hope you do well.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

fitzy

This is great,well done RWA... ;)
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

RWA

Thanks!  Drop your comments or 'likes' or whatever if you want. It might help.  :)

Hmmm.....
The only bloody thing I can't seem to reproduce is the haircut!   :P

Bokkie

Nice job Ronald!
Did that guy from gajagoogoo had such a haircut?
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

RWA

Quote from: "Bokkie"Nice job Ronald!
Same hair dresser me thinks!  :shock:

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Bokkie"Nice job Ronald!
Same hear dresser me thinks!  :shock:

Ah, somewhere deep in my archives I must have some negatives of Mr Limahl from a Kajagoogoo gig which I photographed for a magazine back in the 1980s. Unlike U2, David Bowie, The Church, and other concerts, that was one gig where I really didn't begrudge the fact that I wasn't hearing the music for having to concentrate too much on the photography  8-)

But forgive me if I don't look out said pictures: some things are definitely left buried forever ...  ;)

RWA

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"But forgive me if I don't look out said pictures: some things are definitely left buried forever ...  ;)
Fair enough...... but you gotta show us the sweater you were wearing at that gig!!!

Was it a bit like this?!?!

or....... like this??!?!?!

;)

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"But forgive me if I don't look out said pictures: some things are definitely left buried forever ...  ;)
Fair enough...... but you gotta show us the sweater you were wearing at that gig!!!

Sorry to disappoint you, Ronald, but (as he adopts a decidedly haughty posture) I was there as an official concert photographer for the world-reknowned ( :roll: ) Edinburgh Student newspaper, capturing the vicissitudes of modern music for posterity, so was probably dressed completely in black. As you do ...  ;)

But strangely enough, I decided that Christmas this year needed a little brightening up, so dug out a shirt which I bought on one of my many trips to Hawaii in the same decade as that gig, albeit a few years later.  

This provided much entertainment for my kids and so, just for my fellow Frost*ingtons, here is said shirt, snapped as I write this post. Ah, the 1980's ... what a design highpoint ... none of us were immune ... :shock:

[attachment=0:1hporth2]my_lovely_shirt.jpg[/attachment:1hporth2]

catherine

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"My eyes!  :shock:

I know, such a manly chest is indeed a sight to behold ...  ;)

RWA

:shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:

:lol:

Mikey

My vertical hold's gone
I used to have a signature