Mitchell's guitar

Started by tranztek, December 29, 2011, 07:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrizzleRocker

Talking to Sir Mitchell on Twitter it appears he uses them straight out of the box too! No trem mods or anything!

I'm building a parts-o-caster at the moment but might have to look at one for a backup!

B
[size=85]Shut up and play yer guitar....[/size]

Brom

Quote from: "catherine"Earlier this year I bought a guitar for my younger son. This involved much time spent in guitar shops. He tried a variety of guitars and it came down in the end to a choice between a Cort - I can't remember the model, but it had no scratchplate and a metallic grey finish - I think it was probably this one:

and a Yamaha Pacifica flame maple top. The Yamaha Pacifica won, narrowly, as he preferred the pickups on it, and it was also going for a very good price, but I was very impressed with the Cort.  

This is what the boy has now:

and it's sounding good.

I am not surprised to hear that the Yam Pacifica is sounding good. I have four, 112, 102S, 120 and a really beat up 112 I got from Ebay for £40 and leave at work for something to do at lunchtimes!  :D
IMHO the only thing that is of, let's say, lower quality on these "budget" guitars is the electronics. I have upgraded the pickups and electronics on mine and now consider them to be equivalent to £600 plus axes.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Pedro

Hey Cath, have you got a bit of a Partridge Family thing going there? Who else is in the band? :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

If you're looking for a Cort Geeeetar

Cort Guitar price search

I quite fancy one of these

Mikey's wishlist

And one of these
I used to have a signature

Geetar

Sensible choice there Mikey: a man needs a big chopper.
This space for sale.

Geetar

And I deny absolutely having been made in a Cort factory.
This space for sale.

tranztek

Well I tried out a Cort, I think it was a G280 with seymour duncan pickups and a wilkinson trem - it was OK for the price but I felt it was quite brittle sounding and I didn't really warm to it . Didn't like the two string trees either, which don't help with the tuning, even if it does have locking tuners. I ended up buying a errr.... used Porsche Reed Smith instead. So much for me buying a nice cheap gigging guitar! Onwards to the rock blues covers band and the originals prog project....