Main Menu

Frost*ie Wedding...

Started by D S, January 12, 2012, 09:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

You've maybe all seen this already and I just missed the thread but just stumbled across this!  :shock:  8-)  
Looks as if Jem only found it recently too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3LUq_cx ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWjgWlWm ... re=related
Come on, you\'re a lion!

E.S.

RobRideout

Goddamn, this is pretty good! Couple of bum notes and tuning issues, but they're all miles better than I am, so I'll consider myself humbled and move on, haha!

I want a weddinGIG... lol

Mikey

Quote from: "D S"I just missed the thread but just stumbled across this!
What thread?

Not 'arf bad
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "D S"I just missed the thread but just stumbled across this!
What thread?
The suggestion is that we might have stated a thread about it here already...but we haven't.
I love the brief shot of one of the wedding guests with her fingers in her ears!
Also, shame the guitar is out of tune for the Milliontown clip.
Still great to see.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"but we haven't.
Didn't think we had, but just checking that I hadn't had a senior goldfish moment.
Still listening to DSOTM, great cover
I used to have a signature

catherine

That's really lovely!

Are the happy couple on our forum? If not, why not? I'm sure we'd all give them a HUGE Frost*ie welcome after seeing that!

Trapezium Artist

Nice job. Indeed some bum notes and tuning, err, difficulties, but overall, very, very respectable :-)

The band seemed pretty into it, especially the drummer, guitarist, and Mr Tsuji on keys, but the wedding audience were a little restrained, shall we say? Can you imagine The Peel Christmas gig with a few tables and chairs scattered around, and twenty Frost*ies politely clapping at the end ...  8-) Then again, if I played Frost* to my aunt, she'd probably stick her fingers in her ears too ...

But that misses the point, I know: it's just great to see Frost* being covered live like that and halfway round the world to boot. I shall send the YouTube link to my brother in Tokyo, not only because he lives in Japan, but also because Hyperventilate was the first Frost* song he ever heard, while we were driving in my car along the Devon coast near Croyde.

His rather, err, limited ( ;) ) musical tastes don't encompass prog and I distinctly remember him echoing the famous line uttered by Emperor Joseph II in "Amadeus" in saying "Too many notes!". More recently, however, he has admitted to watching Frost* stuff on YouTube and rather enjoying it: there's hope for the young whippersnapper yet  :D

p.s. Ah, forgot to add that I'm looking forward to seeing Jem dressed like the new Mrs Tsuji at a gig next year ...  :lol:

Mouse

I think it's wondreful that Frost* music has reached so far around the world and is clearly enhancing some peoples' lives. I imagine that'd be rather humbling.  8-)

DueyC

What amazes me is that there are Frost*ies out there, just as enthusiastic as us, who've probably never seen them live and, AFAIK, don't contribute to the forum.

They're missing out on all the love and biscuits  :shock:
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk