John & Jem. A House Concert. Sat. 2nd March 2013

Started by MrPaulBrewer, January 14, 2012, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPaulBrewer

JimD

Well, just got in from this and it were gradely!  There was a great atmosphere in Paul's house and it was nice to meet some Frost*ies in real life - Pedro, Duey, Racing Hippo, Living Forever, Nellie (I have my dog tag!) and the man with the fearsome handshake!  John and Jem were on very good form; the music was both nicely played and well chosen, and afterwards both of them were gentlemanly enough to endure a few moments of gushing wibble from me.

I hope everyone else who was there had as good a time as me - doubtless there'll be more in-depth reviews than this one but I just wanted to say thanks again to Paul for sorting a very memorable night!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Pedro

Amen. It was a really great evening indeed.
In case anyone is expecting/hoping to see video of the event, don't be surprised if there isn't any.
Jem and John specifically asked for video NOT to be posted, in order to keep it a really special event.
I intend to respect that and will not be posting any of it.
I know this will be particularly tough for those who had planned to be there but had to drop out due to ill health but there it is.
So you'll see photos and read write-ups but, hopefully, not see any YouTubery.
If there is another one organised sometime soon, get along to it if you can.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Ash

Thanks Paul!  It was a great evening.  Thanks Pedro and Mrs Pedro for the lift back.
Ash
xxx

lyn

Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"I know this will be particularly tough for those who had planned to be there but had to drop out due to ill health but there it is.
I'm sure if you accidentally sent a copy to Tim, the TIH won't have a problem. I know you'll ask first anyway.
I used to have a signature

Mikey

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Pedro"I know this will be particularly tough for those who had planned to be there but had to drop out due to ill health but there it is.
I'm sure if you accidentally sent a copy to Tim, the TIH won't have a problem. I know you'll ask first anyway.
& he did buy a ticket

Pedro

Don't worry, private sharing with entitled individuals might indeed happen...but privately.

daveyb

L33VEY

Quote from: "Pedro"Don't worry, private sharing with entitled individuals might indeed happen...but privately.

I'd be grateful for any crumbs.... thank you for tweeting the set list...
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

MrPaulBrewer

Morning!

I have little to add to what's already been written here, I just want to say thank you once more from the bottom of my heart for all of those on here that came along and contributed to make it a most truly memorable night.
John & Jem also asked me to pass on their thanks - you could tell by the banter they too had a great time.
Lets do It all again soon......
(Please respect the guys wishes re: YouTube, but please send me any footage as I'd like to have this for obvious reasons)
Paul

JimD

Useful tip: - if the opportunity ever arose and last night were to be repeated in Germany, it could be billed as

"Die Dummen in Kopfbedeckungen"

(I am entirely happy to be accused of having too much time on my hands :))
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Pedro"In case anyone is expecting/hoping to see video of the event, don't be surprised if there isn't any.
Jem and John specifically asked for video NOT to be posted, in order to keep it a really special event.

Oh what a shame! But fair enough indeed.

Sounds like it was a good one, glad everyone had a great night. I might start saving money to get to a potential follow-up now, just in case!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Mikey

Pedro

I think it was something like this...

It Bites: The Tall Ships
Nick Kershaw: Somebody Loves You
Frost*: Black Light Machine
Duran Duran: Ordinary World
It Bites: Man In A Photograph
It Bites: Still Too Young To Remember
Peter Gabriel: Here Comes The Flood
Kino: This Perfect Tense
It Bites : Send No Flowers
Frost*: Snowman
The Urbane: Don't Say
Brand new Frost* song - "Lantern" (thanks DS)
Human League: Don't You Want Me Baby?
Frost*: The Forget You Song
Seal: Violet
Kino: Letting Go
Frost*: Falling Down
Kino: Loser's Day Parade
Encore - Madness: Our House