John & Jem. A House Concert. Sat. 2nd March 2013

Started by MrPaulBrewer, January 14, 2012, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gav

Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Mikey

It only says register an interest, he needs to know if there's time to build an extension to accommodate everyone
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Quote from: "Mikey"It only says register an interest, he needs to know if there's time to build an extension to accommodate everyone
LOL
Sorry to be as pedant, but let's be straight about this....it actually also says "reserve a place", which could be taken as being a "promise" to attend....and it's important to understand why it has to be seen like that.

What this really boils down to is that Paul (who already deserves a medal in my opinion) needs 40 genuine commitments to pay 1/40 of the gig fee each. Otherwise either he ends up out of pocket or the Tw*ts have to accept less than is required.
The last thing that I want is for a fellow Frost*ie to get into a world of bad feeling, however trivial people might think this thing sounds. A casual "yeah, go on then" from 40 people won't do, in my opinion.

Given where this is happening, I would have to say that me and Mrs P are unlikely to make it....sadly. Unless it will coincide with another reason to be booking a hotel so far from home. That might sound a bit miserly but it's my honest position right now.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Brom

Did anyone else catch a glimpse of some messaging on Twitter last nite regarding what seems to be a possible resurrection of this house gig for the "Twats in Hats"? From what I interpreted Mr Brewer is already hosting a Frank Dunnery event soon (@Itbitesband mentioned) and feelers were going out to JM which looked semi positive. Rushed over here this morning to see if there was annyfing on the Forum - nothing I can see. Just thought I'd mention it, don't want The Frost*ies missing out.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Pedro

Hi Brom,
I stuck my oar into the conversation on Twitter too...along the lines of; "let us know when the date is set and we'll promote it like crazy".
I don't want Paul to be the victim of Diary failure again...resulting in a gig that doesn't happen again, so I didn't want to raise hopes etc. too soon.
You're right to mention it as a possibility though. :)

Brom

Quote from: "Pedro"Hi Brom,
I stuck my oar into the conversation on Twitter too..
Ah, I must have turned off my ipod and dived deeper under the duvet at that point.

Ok, it looks like early days, and yes pinning JM down is like nailing jelly to an Easter egg.  :D so as long as its being monitored, then I'll pull on my watching briefs and relax.    :o
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

MrPaulBrewer

Yep, fingers crossed for a date in Jan or Feb. Will confirm once they confirm. But we're almost there........

MrPaulBrewer

Hope you haven't forgotten me! - Just squaring up the date with JM now, looks like we are good to go for the first week in March, & I should (finally!) be able to confirm full & accurate details for the house concert VERY shortly...........

Happy New Year!

Trapezium Artist

Ah ha ... perhaps Tw*ats in Hats will cover Lies by CHVRCHES then ... (see other thread) ...  8-)

Ash

Ash
xxx

L33VEY

Quote from: "MrPaulBrewer"Hope you haven't forgotten me! - Just squaring up the date with JM now, looks like we are good to go for the first week in March, & I should (finally!) be able to confirm full & accurate details for the house concert VERY shortly...........

Happy New Year!

I knew that there was a reason for me to wait before get a ticket to Morse/Flowers Kings on Thursday 7th March...
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

MrPaulBrewer

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "MrPaulBrewer"Hope you haven't forgotten me! - Just squaring up the date with JM now, looks like we are good to go for the first week in March, & I should (finally!) be able to confirm full & accurate details for the house concert VERY shortly...........

Happy New Year!

I knew that there was a reason for me to wait before get a ticket to Morse/Flowers Kings on Thursday 7th March...

Wait no more! Looks like Sat. March 2nd is a goer!

L33VEY

Quote from: "MrPaulBrewer"
Quote from: "L33VEY"

Happy New Year!

Wait no more! Looks like Sat. March 2nd is a goer!

Slots in nicely between Richard Thompson at the Barbican and Steven Wilson Royal Festival Hall
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

DueyC

Quote from: "MrPaulBrewer"Wait no more! Looks like Sat. March 2nd is a goer!

It's in my diary  :D
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Pedro

What are the numbers this time around, per person?
Plus, it's bring food/drink, isn't it?
Glad you got this pinned down in the end!