Main Menu

NAMM 2012

Started by El_Mayonnaise, January 22, 2012, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El_Mayonnaise

You weren't there man.

And neither were I  :D

I'm just traversing through Music Radar's coverage of the event. Will have to keep my eye on the Nord Drum that's been announced. I have hopes that because it is Nord it'll be capable but so far it hasn't wowed me  :cry:

Anyone else seen anything they like?

Mooncat

Been following some of the Mike Dolbear (mikedolbear.com) footage, from a drummy perspective and there's lots of lovely stuff on show.
But most of all I want Blunders ability!!!!!! 8-)  :?
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

fitzy

M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

Jem

Have to say I thought it was very poor from the synth side of things, clearly the Fantom G is going to be the last of the Fantoms. That's probably a good thing from a progression point of view...I have a feeling that we may finally be witnessing the death of the synth "workstation". Again, this is probably a good thing. Can't wait to see what they've got in the pipeline. I've still got a huge soft spot for Roland.

The two things I did like however was the Arturia Minibrute and the Fender Greta. Korg, I reckon, have something up their sleeve as well... :D

E.S.

But, but, but... I love the workstations. :cry:

As a Fantom owner, it's a bit disappointing how they abandoned the development of it long ago. What happened to the ARX boards (they could have made a VK8, a decent VA or a D50, for crying out loud), and there hasn't been an OS update in ages, even with some well-known bugs still present. Still a lovely live machine though.
Very often I miss the FX section from my old retired Triton. I expect it's twice as awesome in the Kronos. Route anything anywhere, and no limited master FX of reverb and chorus.

Still, if this means there's something even more awesome coming for live players, bring it on. 8-)

JimD

QuoteStill, if this means there's something even more awesome coming for live players, bring it on.

Such a quote makes me want to spend my lunch hour in Photoshop cooking up the ultimate, *ultimate* synth-for-2012.  But I have to go and get my boots re-soled in town so I cannot.  This has saved both this thread, me and whoever else might see it from something completely silly, which is not a bad thing really.  Plus, I get my boots fixed too.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

Villuccikeys

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"You weren't there man.

And neither were I  :D

Yes I were.

Mikey

Werzen't.....woz......Werzen't.....woz......Werzen't.....woz......
I used to have a signature

Mooncat

QuoteThe two things I did like however was the Arturia Minibrute and the Fender Greta.

The Greta is really cool. Nice little retro looking amp, and apparently RRP is only around £130 - so the real price may be sub £100 8-)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy