Main Menu

New Album Direction

Started by Arenarec, February 05, 2012, 01:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Takacs

What about the Color Gloputine?  Just made up my own Color that Only I can See. So There yah have it!

Oh, Always Wondered What color is Banana?  White, Yellow, Sometimes Brown? But Since Brown isnt the Prevailing color, would That be a fair assessment, or opinion, if You will? Im thinking Banana is White, and No Im not Racist! BUT, if You could actually eat the Skin of the Banana, Id be inclined to fall into the Yellow Camp..  All Apples are White. As are Pears, Coconuts, Plantains etc..  And here we seem to have another Quagmire... Why is a Plantain named as such? I think they should be called King Bananas..  BRB, Gotta write My Congressman after I refill the Toilet reservoir with Mini Marshmallows..
::I Like Cheese::

Mikey

Quote from: "Mikey"Maybe purple consuming bananas
Quote from: "Jim Takacs"Im thinking Banana is White

Hope that doesn't make it a Pink album
I used to have a signature

Jim Takacs

Quote from: "Mikey"

Nah, That would make it a Lavender...  Pastel Purple! no?   :| At least it would Smell Nice!
::I Like Cheese::

E.S.

catherine

Quote from: "Jim Takacs"...All Apples are White...

Actually, Jim...

and

Whilst most apples that we come across have white or cream flesh, a small number of varieties have red flesh or pink flesh.  These unusual varieties share a number of characteristics and are mostly related to each other to some degree.

There are two strands to the genealogy of red-fleshed apples.  It is thought that a crab apple called Niedzwetzkyana (the Manchurian Crab) from central Asia is the common ancestor.  Varieties descended from Niedzwetzkyana tend to have the more extreme red characteristics.

The other strand of red-fleshed varieties derives from a breeding programme carried out by Albert Etter in northern California in the first half of the 20th century.  Most of his apples were developed from a red-fleshed variety called Surprise which had been brought from Europe in the 19th century by German settlers in the Ohio River area.  It too is probably descended from Niedzwetzkyana - but the Surprise apples tend to have less extreme red coloration.

The key characteristic is the flesh, which may be extensively or even entirely pink or dark red.

danofmayz

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Jim Takacs"...All Apples are White...

Actually, Jim...

and

Whilst most apples that we come across have white or cream flesh, a small number of varieties have red flesh or pink flesh.  These unusual varieties share a number of characteristics and are mostly related to each other to some degree.

There are two strands to the genealogy of red-fleshed apples.  It is thought that a crab apple called Niedzwetzkyana (the Manchurian Crab) from central Asia is the common ancestor.  Varieties descended from Niedzwetzkyana tend to have the more extreme red characteristics.

The other strand of red-fleshed varieties derives from a breeding programme carried out by Albert Etter in northern California in the first half of the 20th century.  Most of his apples were developed from a red-fleshed variety called Surprise which had been brought from Europe in the 19th century by German settlers in the Ohio River area.  It too is probably descended from Niedzwetzkyana - but the Surprise apples tend to have less extreme red coloration.

The key characteristic is the flesh, which may be extensively or even entirely pink or dark red.

Witchcraft!  :twisted:
Follow me on Twitter! //http://twitter.com/danmvalverde @danmvalverde

Mouse

Quote from: "Jim Takacs"
Quote from: "Mikey"

Nah, That would make it a Lavender...

...dilly dilly...

RobRideout

Interesting Ideas on the colour of the new album...

I have Synesthesia, so I ACTUALLY wonder about these things when I hear about a new album coming up.

Related note: Magenta doesn't sound magenta. Interest!

Mikey

Quote from: "RobRideout"Related note: Magenta doesn't sound magenta. Interest!

What should they be called?
Remember this coming up on QI

RacingHippo

Quote from: "RobRideout"I have Synesthesia,
I can't see that word any more without thinking of this.

Just out of curiosity, what colour is the word "synesthesia"?
* May contain nuts.

johninblack

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "RobRideout"I have Synesthesia,
I can't see that word any more without thinking of this.

Just out of curiosity, what colour is the word "synesthesia"?
Well, in your post it's black but in this post it's red. :mrgreen:

Behave Mr Hippo.  :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"Just out of curiosity, what colour is the word "synesthesia"?
Well, in your post it's black but in this post it's red. :mrgreen:

No it's not!
 :twisted:
* May contain nuts.

E.S.

GreenBlackBluePinkGreyRed

It's brainf*** time! :twisted:

Mikey

Quote from: "RacingHippo"I can't see that word any more without thinking of this.

That's brilliant :D