The Dividing Line Broadcast Network - Needs Help

Started by Pedro, January 21, 2012, 07:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Quote from: "AmazingWilf"Last week The Dividing Line Broadcast Network - the station though which Gonzo and I present our shows - came under malicious attack. As a result Shawn Bishop, the Station Manager, had to pull the site down temporarily - and indeed, he may have to do so again in order to fully diagnose what happened, and to fix it.

The biggest immediate problem is that as a result of the attack the station exceeded it's monthly download limit by a staggering amount, incurring very high excess charges.

As you know, DLBN is a free-to-listen service, and Shawn is reliant on the goodwill of listeners and indeed his own pocket to keep things going. On this occasion, however, we're asking all you good folk to help out in whatever way you can by going to the donations page and contributing a bit of cash via PayPal. We estimate that if everyone who listens to the station contributes one dollar the debt would be cleared.

This is a subject that's very close to my own heart. While I was out of work being able to keep on doing The European Perspective was a lifeline, and it was mainly through Shawn's support that I was able to make the show and broadcast.

Please - do what you can. Even if you, like James, normally boycott The European Perspective :)

Thank you.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

Pedro

Just bunged $10 in the bucket, only £6.64...seems the least I could do after all the enjoyment I've had from it.

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

JimD

BLM on TDL...now!  Just surfed in before a rehearsal and it's a show called "The European Perspective" - cool!  Only heard TDL for the first time last night for a bit (and a quick hello in the chatroom) - this is a cool station!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Pedro

Yay! The European Perspective is the show that fellow Frost*ie "amazingwilf" does. :)

L33VEY

Signed up for a monthly contribution - keep up the good work guys...
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

fitzy

M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

gr8gonzo

That's most kind of you all and very much appreciated.

Thanks for joining the chat, JimD. Hope you'll pay us a visit again. People from the bands I play frequently make appearances in the chat room. Robert Ramsay from Tinyfish, Richard de Geest (Ghost) and Marco Chiappini (Gandalf's Project) were in the room on Saturday.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

RWA

ich_bin_besser

Of course I donated. Papa J's broadcast was probably the first internet radio show I listened to. Don't remember exactly when that was. Later, he added a second show for the Europeans, at an earlier time. Used to listen to some other shows as well, especially Mary's. Nowadays, it's just AJ's - but I still think it's a great station.

On a related note, I think that there are too many internet radio stations out there. Take prog: we have TDL, Aiirradio, Progcafe, progrock.com, various German shows - just to name a few. Sometimes, the shows are at the same time, which makes it really hard to follow and to decide which one to listen to.
Same with prog sites, too. Sometime I wish they all should team under one station or site. But that would be impossible.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste