Frost* Forum Collab Song v.2

Started by E.S., January 31, 2012, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

E.S. Please check your inbox...

Rook

Ok, my humble submission is up. When I am on a roll I do tend to get carried away with ideas and keep plugging away until I have reached a logical endpoint. I almost didn't post this as I didn't want to seem like I am railroading the collaboration, and I know there were plans to include other themes...

Then I realized "this is prog!" This material can be deconstructed in a number of ways, or even just appear as an intact section of a 25 min epic. Thanks E.S.

The guitars are all from my Axe Fx II, which is my new toy and a fantastic bit of kit. I based it primarily around E.S.'s submisson with the addittion of DanofMay's Pocketsun section (time compressed to fit 130bpm) and the awesome Pedro spoons. I did some cutting and pasting and pitch shifting of the E.S. synth parts to make a B section, and some alternative layers to go with his parts. I uploaded mp3 files to the box account, but can up higher quality files if needed.

Oh, and just for fun I did some lyrics, but I'll leave that aside for the time being. So to reiterate, I really don't want to seem anti collaboration by taking the ball and running with it - thats just how I write. When I am on a roll, I tend to see a big picture and want to fill it out. From there I submit it to you all, and if even one idea makes it to the final piece I m a happy chappy.

If you don't want to log in to the whole box thing I put the demo up on my Soundcloud page, here: http://soundcloud.com/rook-scores/waiti ... emo-no-vox

Pedro

Wowzers, that's good stuff, well played sir. :)
Love the B section, has a proper Frost*ie feel to it.
Don't worry about getting carried away, it's a good thing, wish it would happen more often for me.
Need to try to find some time to play with this project again.
Thanks for sharing that.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

Definitely great. :D I think we should use a lot of it for the 1976-ish part of the song. Somehow get that other theme in there as well, it's gonna be great.

And yes, no time limit on these tunes, throw all ideas in there and we'll make a collective decision. This might not even be the start of the song, who knows? :)

Wish I had some time too, I got some nice ideas now. Things are a bit busier than I expected, but it will calm down.

Rook

Thanks for the kind words. I did some lyrics that would fit, just for giggles. Not submitting it for he "actual" song, just to amuse some fellow frosties. I tried recording it, but... I'm not really a singer. Anyway, 'twas just for fun.

"Waiting for the Frost"

Something happened to my mind
Not prepared for what I'd find
If you listen for a little bit
You wouldn't settle for other people's shit

Waiting for the frost to fall
It won't take very long at all

I am waiting for the next report
But all my searching, it all comes down to naught
It all breaks down, fundamentally
To a man with a biscuit and a cup of tea

I think somebody isn't on the ball
I bang my head against the wall

And the rest of it was variations of the chorus. Apologies to Jem; I know he is on the ball, it is all just in fun :)

/R

danofmayz

Quote from: "Rook"I based it primarily around E.S.'s submisson with the addittion of DanofMay's Pocketsun section (time compressed to fit 130bpm) and the awesome Pedro spoons.

Cool, good work! I like ES's idea mixed with my "Pocket Sun" section. Works well.  :D
Follow me on Twitter! //http://twitter.com/danmvalverde @danmvalverde

Mikey

Quote from: "Rook"Ok, my humble submission is up. When I am on a roll I do tend to get carried away with ideas and keep plugging away until I have reached a logical endpoint.

Permission to roll granted

Quote from: "Rook"If you don't want to log in to the whole box thing I put the demo up on my Soundcloud page, here: http://soundcloud.com/rook-scores/waiti ... emo-no-vox

Can you make it downloadable?
I used to have a signature

Rook

Quote from: "Mikey"Can you make it downloadable?

Done. Sorry, I thought I had, but I guess I didn't hit "save".

Rook

BTW is there any way I can hear FFCS 1?

/R

Mikey

Quote from: "Rook"BTW is there any way I can hear FFCS 1?

/R

Yes  :D

Will find you the thread

Mikey

Rook

Mikey

Quote from: "Rook"Smashing!

Thanks Mikey,

/R

Snow problem, glad to help