High Voltage show on Sky Arts 28/08

Started by Pedro, August 04, 2010, 12:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithd

Not enough of Transatlantic shown last night  :cry:
My Hovercraft is full of eels

El_Mayonnaise

Didn't see any Bigelf or a few of the other bands  :(

Did I just miss them or were they omitted?

Transatlantic were the highlight for me but still not enough

Pedro

They appear to have been cut-out for some reason. Maybe running time or maybe some problem with the footage (hard to imagine the latter).
I was disappointed with the Transatlantic stuff - it seemed well out of sync (sound versus pictures) to me.  :cry:
I also would have given more time to the higher-billed bands, also limiting every one (except maybe ELP) to just one song.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Currently on Sky Arts is ELP's Isle of Wight concert 1970 and a strange interview, I think it's the Hay Sessions, where someone gave Stephen Fry one word and he talked about it. As the words were alphabetical, M to almost Z, there may have been a part one, but I didn't catch the start,
I used to have a signature

Mikey

It was a 2 parter.

Very interesting documentary on Roxy Music, you think of Brian Ferry as a bit of a sharp dressed smoothie but forget they were one of the first glam rock bands. Worth a watch

Mikey

INXS were on this week

Tonight, Peter Gabriel

coming up this week;
Led Zep
Van Halen
Moog

& there's always classics albums

L33VEY

Did I hear that they've pulled the plug on High Voltage ( :lol: ), but we're all going to the Prog Stage in Kingston instead for 7 and 8 July?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Pedro

There will be no HV this year (cos of the Olympics they say...we'll see if it returns in 2013.

What's parking like for the Drome of Hippos?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

I've got my Travelodge room booked already :)