It Bites - Map of the Past

Started by Dena, February 06, 2012, 07:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

Following on from the highly-acclaimed Tall Ships, It Bites return with their first concept album in a career that spans 25 years.

Inspired by the discovery of an old family photograph, Map of the Past is a highly personal journey that explores love, passion, jealousy, anger, remorse and loss through the eyes of a previous generation against the backdrop of Britain as it enters a new century and one of the most defining periods of its history.

Written by John Mitchell and John Beck over the course of 2011, it was recorded at Outhouse Studios in Reading and features Bob Dalton on drums and Lee Pomeroy on bass.

Track Listing:
Man In The Photograph
Wallflower
Map of the Past
Clocks
Flag
The Big Machine
Cartoon Graveyard
Send No Flowers
Meadow and the Stream
The Last Escape
Exit Song

Map of the Past is released on 26 March 2012.
Innit.

Drarok

Cheers. Any snippets available yet?

JakeWorrell

JM is well chuffed with the solo on Cartoon Graveyard I know that much!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Dena

Quote from: "Drarok"Cheers. Any snippets available yet?

Not as yet, I'm afraid, although I believe there are some YouTube clips of the most recent tour with some new choons featured.  I honestly don't know whether anything will be available prior to release, but I'll be sure to post it here for you if anything does appear.  :)
Innit.

Pedro

I assume that any pre-order linkery will bandied as soon as....?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

Will be interesting to see how this album is released. Tall Ships was released via the band's website first, but then they got a deal with InsideOut so they stopped selling it for a while - it is also the reason that the InsideOut version has an extra track - 'When I Fall'.

Nellie might be able to shed some light on it, having taken over the IB shop (next stop, the world  ;) )

(also would be worth knowing which 'route' is better for the band - do they get more money if we buy it direct from them, or does that then mean that the sales figures via other routes (amazon etc) are lower and therefore Insideout don't see it as so much of a success) :?
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

MikeEvs

Nellie was asked on the fishtank if it would be available from The Merch Desk.

Quote from: "Nellie"You betcha! We will be taking pre-orders soon and they will also be a special package thang.

Mooncat

Cheers Mike, I must swim on over there more often 8-)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Dena

Straight from the horse's mouth (well, the Chief) on the IB forum:  :)

QuoteMap of the Past Release News

Just so you all know..

Map of the Past will come out on 26th March.

There will be 3 versions..

Standard CD
Special Edition
Double LP with a CD copy of the album.

You will be able to pre order the album from The Merch Desk and we will stock all packages.

There will be a very special edition package only onsale at the Merch Desk with a T-shirt and other goodies (that we are working on) this shirt will be a Merch Desk exclusive that only comes with the new album.
Innit.

Mikey

Here's some more good news, It Bites new album Map Of The Past is now available to pre-order with some exclusive packages only at The Merch Desk.

//http://themerchdesk.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=87

From Monday 27th February, weekend tickets for the Celebr8 Prog Festival will go on sale via The Merch Desk. An amazing line-up of nine bands over two days.

Have a happy weekend,

The Merch Fairy x
I used to have a signature

L33VEY

Label is listed as Century Media - "Quality in Metal"    :o

Same label as the Adrenaline Mob  :!:
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Dena

Here's the electronic press kit for Map of the Past - hope you enjoy!  :D

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVX-pvllCms
Innit.

fitzy

Nice one.. :) Looking forward to the album!
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

MikeEvs

Ordered  the 2CD version from the merch desk this morning :)

Phrog