A Little Bit Scared

Started by sawtooth, February 10, 2012, 08:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

So then, got a chance to see Rammstein in March. I've been on Youchoob and their stage show looks awesome apart from the band looking a bit, well.... Gimpy.
Not sure about music either, but tempted to go for the spectacle of it all.
Any Rammstein aficionados here?

Mordwin

will be seeing them in Newcastle end of February... 2nd time seeing them and looking forward to it (and whilst I have to be in the right mood for their music usually, the whole live experience does rather put you in the right frame of mind! :D)

E.S.

I'm not really a fan, but I'd love to go to a gig. Their shows are crazy!

RacingHippo

My only experience of Rammstein is about 5 years ago when a lovely (and very attractive) young lady friend of mine plonked me in front of a large telly, surrounded by a rather expensive hi-fi (Yes! A female hi-fi geek!) whereupon she proceeded to play Rammstein's Feuer Frei on the Hi-Fi and on the telly..... A Kylie Minogue live performance of I-don't-know-what (well, I couldn't hear it) which had blokes prancing about in leather uniforms waving big flags.

It was utter genius. It synced perfectly!
* May contain nuts.

Mouse

I'm not a Rammstein afficionado, but Reise, Reise is a great album. Los is my personal fave on there, but it's certainly not their typical style!

MikeEvs

Sawtooth you have to go,

I don't listen to Rammstein a lot but I go see them live every chance I get their show is awesome and a must see IMO.

I've seen them twice so far and have a ticket to see them on the 25th of Feb in Birmingham,  even if your not familiar with the music I don't think you can help but enjoy their live show it really is worth seeing :)

sawtooth

Thanks everyone for your comments - i'm feeling suitably encouraged to go now, obviously wearing flame retardant clothing and possibly earplugs!

RWA

Saw them back in '02 or something. Their shows are crazy indeed.  :D

danofmayz

Certainly a band worth seeing live. I've some of there live DVD's and they are pretty crazy. The fire mask in particular  :oops:
Follow me on Twitter! //http://twitter.com/danmvalverde @danmvalverde

Mordwin

Made it home... and it was... quite quite awesome :)

MikeEvs

Saw them in Birmingham on Saturday and for me they just keep getting better, although this was a bit of greatest hits tour everything they did that they'd done before in terms of the show they did bigger and better

sawtooth

Wow - so looking forward to this show tonight. I've watched a few youtube clips from the O2 gig and it looks astounding! :)

sawtooth

I would totally recommend ANYONE to catch Rammstein live. Even if you don't particularly get off on their music (and I was borderline). If you don't come out of one of their shows with a huge grin on your face you probably haven't got a pulse. Over the top with a good dollop of excess on top. Stunning.

Mordwin

Glad you enjoyed it... but as you say, you'd have to be a corpse not to (hmm, does that include the protagonist of Milliontown then?  ;))! Pure theatrical extravagance at it's jaw dropping finest :)

RobRideout

Me and my ladyfriend DESPERATELY wanted to go, but all the standing seats went too quickly, and then she was in hospital on the day they were playing manchester. Well gutted.