Dead Nobodies #9 - Gigging Forever

Started by Bert, February 22, 2012, 11:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

How'do ?

Gigs, we love 'em, and this month, we meet someone whose whole life (seemingly) is spent going to them. What better person to take us through a personal and thorough review of some of the choicest, juiciest gigs from 2011 than the King Gig Goer himself, James Hendry AKA gig blogger Gigging Forever.

Join James and I as we wind through the hazy, music filled backwaters of 2011?s gigs, taking in the CRS BoTY awards, strolling past MattFest and Summers End, winding down the back alleys of Opeth and Steven Wilson and finishing off in the little wooded glade that was the Frost* AGM.

And to accompany us on our retrospective, we have some excellent music, mostly culled from live offerings, including Caravan, Mostly Autumn, Rush, Pineapple Thief and much more. Even the theme music from Knight Rider appears in there somewhere !!

All Hail the Hoff !!

Bertxx

WARNING – This podcast may contain opinions.

Download here http://www.deadnobodies.net/?p=79
Or from iTunes  :)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

fitzy

Theme music from Knight Rider :shock:  Have to have some of that... ;) Downloading immediately!
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"Downloading now. :)
et moi
I used to have a signature

Mooncat

ITunes did the deed for me last night, but have discovered that for some reason it didn't transfer over to th'ipod :x
Will be rectifying this tonight for tomorrows commute  :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

JimD

What a great podcast - my first time hearing this.  This might get me all the way from Oxon to W. Yorks this weekend!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Bert

I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Mikey

Quote from: "JimD"This might get me all the way from Oxon to W. Yorks this weekend!
Anywhere exciting?

JimD

About Me

JimD

Well, several hundred miles later and I can say that DN9 did indeed get me from Oxon to W.Yorks and would have covered the whole journey were it not for a bit of a hold up on the A34.  I must confess that I did skip through the Peter Gabriel track as I just couldn't handle it at all (having sat through it on my first listen at work).

Anyway, PG aside, that was a great podcast guys, really enjoyed it (even if I was only at one of the gigs).  So much so that I listened to it again on the way back apart from the first leg which will be discussed in "Travelling at the speed of prog".  

Will deffo be checking out some more podcasts from Dead Nobodies.
About Me

Mikey

DN#9 + Merc = Disaster.
I had the only other old van (I say old, it would be newer than anything @ UPS Dewsbury) today. It "only" had a CD player.
Did catch a bit in Nemo this morning, great idea.

LivingForever

Quote from: "JimD"Well, several hundred miles later and I can say that DN9 did indeed get me from Oxon to W.Yorks and would have covered the whole journey were it not for a bit of a hold up on the A34.  I must confess that I did skip through the Peter Gabriel track as I just couldn't handle it at all (having sat through it on my first listen at work).

Anyway, PG aside, that was a great podcast guys, really enjoyed it (even if I was only at one of the gigs).  So much so that I listened to it again on the way back apart from the first leg which will be discussed in "Travelling at the speed of prog".  

Will deffo be checking out some more podcasts from Dead Nobodies.

Glad you enjoyed it! You definitely need to check out some more of Bert's podcasts, they're great fun and never outstay their welcome. Unlike Bert...

Not a PG fan, though? Shame on you...  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Mikey

Had a great morning driving around the hills near Halifax & Huddersfield listening to DN#9.
Excellent  :D

JimD

QuoteNot a PG fan, though? Shame on you... :D

Oh I'm a PG fan, but that particular track had way too much "Hurrr-hurrrrrr-hurrr-HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR" and Live-And-Let-Die style orchestral histrionics.  It was making me feel ill!

Listened to the Dec Burke one earlier in the week (interesting to hear that EIMA was originally going to be "Dear Dead Days"). I'm really after DN-7 right now, the big banana one.  But the link is not working.  

Currently listening to DN-8.
About Me

Mikey

Quote from: "JimD"I'm really after DN-7 right now, the big banana one.  But the link is not working.  
Currently listening to DN-8.

PM me your e-mail address