Main Menu

CELEBR8 2012

Started by Nellie, February 28, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

We're trying to get a map together of where people came from to get to Celebr8.

Here it is if you'd like to pin your location (just press edit and drag the blue pin or your bespoke pin to your location)

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&m ... 19&vpsrc=1

Anyone who hasn't got a Google account and would like a pin, just let me know via PM or email (obv I only need your hometown)  ;D

Also, if you have any pics or stories, reviews or video that you'd like to share, I'll be setting up a section of the Channel Celebr8 section of the website to publish these  Doesn't matter if they'r not "pro" it's the feeling that counts. All submissions will be credited.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Nellie

I can't see this posted anywhere else but Frost* are nearly headlining Celebr8.2. Earlybird tickets are still on sale.
at The Merch Desk
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Nellie"I can't see this posted anywhere else but Frost* are nearly headlining Celebr8.2. Earlybird tickets are still on sale.
at The Merch Desk

"Nearly headlining" ... ? Is that a euphemism for "not headlining"?  8-)

More seriously, it's good to see that this is happening: I'll have to see if I can make it to the event that didn't happen this year.

I'm guessing, however, that the band list isn't fully complete yet: seems as though some additional bands might be squeezed in, particularly on the Saturday.

Pedro

No, that's it. 4 bands on the Saturday and 5 on the Sunday. Same as last time....everyone gets to play for a decent length of time and you can take in some great acoustic stuff in between.

The "nearly headlining" is, I strongly suspect, entirely of Jem's design....this way they can comfortably load-out, wind-down, meet the punters, etc. without people chasing you to clear-out cos the night-clubbers want to get it. He's not ddft and he's not up-himself about band status and such piffle. Full marks.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"No, that's it. 4 bands on the Saturday and 5 on the Sunday. Same as last time....everyone gets to play for a decent length of time and you can take in some great acoustic stuff in between.

The "nearly headlining" is, I strongly suspect, entirely of Jem's design....this way they can comfortably load-out, wind-down, meet the punters, etc. without people chasing you to clear-out cos the night-clubbers want to get it. He's not ddft and he's not up-himself about band status and such piffle. Full marks.

Oh, don't worry; I meant it very much tongue-in-cheek. I have no problem at all with Frost* being anywhere on the programme and, indeed, I'd agree that it'd be best for all of us to have the chance of a post-gig natter before turning into a pumpkin.

That said, I have no idea what "ddft" means: the best the web can do for me is "deep digital flexor tendon" or "Disjoncteur Différentiel de Fuite à la Terre", neither of which seems particularly likely, even given your assuredly polyglot status  8-)

Pedro

Lawks, my tryping is rally letting me dawn these days.

Not so much poly-, more uni- and centred firmly on gibberish.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Bert

Here's the latest bang-up-to-date news

Welcome  :D

http://eepurl.com/tIQ6r

Or scan

I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"Lawks, my tryping is rally letting me dawn these days.

Not so much poly-, more uni- and centred firmly on gibberish.
Mines gibberish centred entirely on gibberish
I used to have a signature