Frost* 3 Wishlist / Predictions

Started by JakeWorrell, March 16, 2012, 02:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeWorrell

Naturally we all trust the band to do what is right with Frost* 3 but I though it might be fun to make a little wishlist of things we would like to feature in the next album. I'm wary this might turn into "be more like the first album" so lets keep it light hearted. Perhaps when the album is released we can see how many things we managed to predict correctly :D

I would like to open with a couple:

1. Warm, reverb drenched E-Piano ala Subterranean Homesick Blues by Radiohead.
2. Served with hot custard.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

El_Mayonnaise

Some more of the most emotive solo's in my entire music collection (Namely guitar solo from EIMA and Synth solo from Falling Down)

And maybe more of an acquired taste but I love stream of conscious lyrics.

Mooncat

Given Blunders ability to both play and program some of the Roland drummy bits I'd like to hear some of the ideas from the Dec 2010 gigs mirrored - I'm thinking particularly some of the D&B style bits that were used as intro's etc  to give contrast to the overall sound.
(Although the BLM tour had some cracking examples, my brain keeps going back to the start of 'The Other Me' from TPE, which I know isn't that fast/technical etc but is the sort of thing I mean.)
If that makes sens
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

johninblack

I'd love to see them pull off a cover of Waterloo by ABBA done in the style of Joy Division. Failing that Joy Division's Love will tear us apart in the style of The Anti Nowhere League. :roll:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

johninblack

Quote from: "johninblack"I'd love to see them pull off a cover of Waterloo by ABBA done in the style of Joy Division. Failing that Joy Division's Love will tear us apart in the style of The Anti Nowhere League. :roll:
I would also predict that nothing like the above happens........... :lol:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "johninblack"a cover of Waterloo by ABBA done in the style of Joy Division

Now we're talking! One for the Twats in Hats perhaps?

fitzy

A short instrumental where the lads d,ont play their regular instrument i.e Craig on lead,Nathan on drums etc.could be interesting... :)
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "fitzy"A short instrumental where the lads d,ont play their regular instrument i.e Craig on lead,Nathan on drums etc.could be interesting... :)

That would definitely be a treat live!

E.S.

Really curious about Blunders and his electronic side of drumming. Or rather just excited about his drumming in general, the guy is fab! :D

The only thing we know is it'll be different, but with those guys involved it will still sound F*** no matter what. :)

Mikey

A biscuit suite.
The sounds of biscuits being sampled
I used to have a signature

Mikey

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"
Quote from: "johninblack"a cover of Waterloo by ABBA done in the style of Joy Division

Now we're talking! One for the Twats in Hats perhaps?

Talking of Twats in Hats, anyone see Top Gear
I used to have a signature

sawtooth

Quote from: "Mikey"A biscuit suite.

May I suggest:
Bass drum : All Butter Shortcake Finger
Snare : Jacobs Cream Cracker
Hi Hat : Wafer Sandwich
Toms : Hobnobs ( tuned to suitable intervals)
Cymbals : Rich Tea

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

fitzy

The gauntlet has been thrown.. :)Ha!ha!nice one Mikey!
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

E.S.

Quote from: "sawtooth"

May I suggest:
Bass drum : All Butter Shortcake Finger
Snare : Jacobs Cream Cracker
Hi Hat : Wafer Sandwich
Toms : Hobnobs ( tuned to suitable intervals)
Cymbals : Rich Tea
Aww, my damn country. We don't have any of those so it'll be impossible to start a cover band.  :cry: